Saw-Tooth tyre wear..

Hey,

I picked up my 16-plate vRS at the end of November and noticed quite quickly that there was a rubbing drone coming from the rear of the car.....dropped by the selling dealer (Fish Brothers Skoda) who diagnosed it as Saw-Tooth abnormal tyre wear. 

They resolved it well with x2 new tyres and 4 wheel alignment + they noticed a dent/buckle on the front off side alloy so replaced the alloy for a brand new one (no cost for any of the work or parts) so I'm happy :-)

What I was wondering was..... Is this abnormal tyre wear common on the Octavia / vRS?

Yes, seems very common on VAG group cars. My 1.6 Elegance has suffered from it and my Dad's Fabia has also just had the rears replaced for the same reason.

They were both running on Dunlop tyres at the time. I have read that these may be more susceptible to 'sawtoothing' than other brands, but not so sure.

I have tried to alternate my tyres back - front come service time to try and get a few more miles out of them before they become distorted.

Glad you had good service from the main dealer though, good to know.