Skoda India finishes 2017 with 30% Sales growth

Volkswagen Group company, Skoda Auto registered a sales growth of 30 percent, compared to the previous year, selling 17,438 units in 2017, driven by the latest launch, the Kodiaq SUV, along with the launch of refreshed versions of its popular sedans launched in 2017. In India, the Skoda’s portfolio comprises of the recently introduced Rapid, Octavia, Superb and the recently introduced Kodiaq.

Source: Skoda Auto registered a sales growth of 30 percent, compared to the previous year

I just hope some VAG exec doesn't decide to start building our uk spec cars in India, knowing the quality problems with other marques that were imported from there.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By mattymartin
      High there,
      i have owned my Skoda fabia II VRS Estate, for about a month now, and I’m loving it. 
      However, the (loud) coolant warning alert has come on twice in the last 2weeks. And the coolant levels are to low. So I topped it up with coolant. 
      This keeps happening! Why?
      Also 3 times now, the orange engine light has come up & stayed on for a few days at a time & then disappears again?
    • By MasterMunchkin
      Could anyone perhaps recommend a quiet 19" tyre for a Superb Sportline Estate TDI 150 DSG? The current Pirelli Cinturato P7's are so NOISY - on just about every surface.  I rate strongly the Avon ZV7 for quietness but it doesn't come in 19". 
      With thanks
    • By Buswell
      I recently got my Skoda Octavia, Noticed over the last few weeks a judder when decelerating from relative high speeds. It's getting annoying and was wondering if anyone has such an experience and how it was fixed.
      Many Thanks
    • By Janjua
      Dear Fellow Skoda Enthusiasts
      I am breaking my MK1 2002 Octavia L&K 1.9 TDI 110 BHP 5 Speed Manual.
      Exterior Colour and Colour Code: Nature Green / F8C
      Interior Colour: L&K Beige 
      Engine Code: ASV
      Milage: 119650 Miles 
      I have to with regret break my Octavia due to severe damage to the front nearside (Left) Alloy Wheel, Wishbone, Wheel Bearing, Wheel Hub, Tie Rod, Tie Rod End and Drive Shaft. This is due to a freak, unlucky accident that happend due to the recent snow through no fault of my own.
      The engine is in very good condition with full Skoda Service History and the use of Original Volkswagen/Skoda Parts. Even in the recent Snow and with temperatures as low as -5 degrees, the engine started instantly with the first turn of the key. In May 2017 I fitted a brand new original Volkswagen Turbo. 
      The only part that needs attention is the alternator pulley which is very noisy.
      The interior is in Good/Very Good Condition. The drivers seat has a tear on the normal side bolster location and the rear passenger side door trim leather has a slight tear but it is nice condition overall. 
      All body panels are rust and dent free and in good to very good condition depending on the panel, please ask about the panel or panels that you require. 
      Mechanically in terms of the suspension ( a part from nearside front), brakes, engine, and steering the Octavia is very good. 
      In addition all of the electrics work perfectly, including the heated seats.
      Please email, respond on here or call me, then I can give you more detailed information, more specific answers and we can talk about the price.
      Email: mjanjua96@gmail.com
      Mobile Number: 07587240100 ( please do not call 8am to 5pm Monday to Friday because I am at work) You can leave a message.

• By hetty1
       This is further to my piece on poor Skoda dealer  warranties The dealer in question is Mitchell Skoda near Chester. I have spent a good part of today in email contact with Richard Macklin, Skoda brand manager. I was given incorrect and downright contradictory information by one of the sales team, Ben Walker by name on Friday evening last. I was told that the warranty process had to be authorised by Skoda and a positive result could not be guaranteed.  No time spans were given at all, Mitchell did not make the decision, the warranty company did. Less than 24 hours later the same member of staff emailed to say that I could bypass the whole claims  process by phoning  the  service department and it could all be arranged and the fault sorted at no cost to me at all. "The process" could now  be completely bypassed. This was a direct contradiction of course. That may sound like good news but it wasnt.. Acting on what I  was initially  told I needed the fault fixing speedily and  the claims process could have dragged on for ages due to no information on time taken to authorisation and the job completed very   so I was forced to contact my usual independent garage. I do mean forced.  I only had one speed working on the fan and the weather here has been atrocious and is still very  bad and  I needed a fully working fan to give me good visibility as I have several medical appointments this week and needed a car; the bus service is very poor here. It would be downright dangerous as it is and if the one remaining speed failed I couldnt have got out by car at all. I got a booking at very short notice and they were great, even juggling appointments around to fit me in. You might think that being given such contradictory advice ( as proven by the emails) by  a company representative would mean something to Mitchell: wrong.! They had the gall to suggest cancelling the appointment at the indie and to hell with any loss the garage might have incurred even though they had pulled out all the stops to help me, including ordering special parts.  I tried getting the other person involved, Ben Walker to acknowledge what his actions had caused but he apparently thinks he  has been insulted. You couldnt make it up! There is no way I would cancel, they have been great to me over 13 years and  Richard Macklin has flatly  refused to reimburse me for  tormorrow`s bill even though their contradictory advice had directly caused this foul up. All he can go on and on about is " the process" and he has ignored all the evidence. I suspect they believe I cannot afford to hire a good solicitor to sue them and they are riding roughshod over all  my requests for fair treatment. This is from a company that makes a huge deal out of not opening on Sundays  due to religious convictions and poses as a moral company with a high regard  for customer service and satisfaction! My advice would be NOT TO GO NEAR THIS COMPANY. They will be bad for your financial health!  They will treat you like I have been treated, all style but no substance!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.