1.5tsi SE technology insurance

I have been in touch with my current insurers (RIAS) re changing from my current Yeti to my new Octavia and have this reply:

Unfortunately, as we are unable to find the correct vehicle on our system, we would be unable to offer cover and would have to cancel the policy.

When I phoned them re this they eventually invented a figure of £660 for the remaining 2 months left on my policy, interesting as my premium last year was only £160.

They very kindly say that they will not charge me the cancellation fee and will refund me the balance of my current policy.

How crazy is this, especially as RIAS are part of Ageas, who provide the Skoda insurance!

5 hours ago, DaveLees said:

How crazy is this, especially as RIAS are part of Ageas, who provide the Skoda insurance!

I was going to suggest you try RIAS online system rather than call a human, because most brokers use the same car database - unfortunately RIAS maybe the underwriters and use a unique database. Under Octavia petrol cars, you can have the choice of an SE 2009-present day, which is 1.6L (how long is it since Skoda dropped that 1.6?), or you can select either the 1.4 or 1.5 SE L model. But for some reason RIAS don't recognise any petrol SE Tech model  !!!!!    You can specify a diesel SE Tech, but not a petrol. Their database is obviously out-of-date.

I'd simply go elsewhere but wouldn't hesitate emailing RIAS informing them they've lost custom because of their out-of-date db.

150tsi.JPG.155e070d04a9016d7f35c59fc516ee74.JPG

Not true . The above is a search from a price comparison website (I've used GoCompare) and searched details for a 2018 Skoda 1.5

As the OP found out, the database RIAS is using is out-of-date.

Edited by Guest
add picture

Well that's my RIAS insurance cancelled, I'll get a refund of £28 for the 'unused' remaining 2 months of my policy.

After lots of quotes I've gone back to IAM for my insurance, it's just a pain as I hadn't planned on having to insure the car this month.