Ste's 05 fab vrs

ste372

Recently sold my suzuki ignis sport.

4rpBZKg.jpg

The car was great but chasing perfection was getting expensive. I got a good amount for it when sold. The plan was to get another shed put a good chunk back in the bank. Unfortunately my mate hadnt read the script and showed me a fabia vrs for sale which fitted the bill perfectly. 

Pics from seller

Yt5IMUv.jpg

Fa51Zpc.jpg

tn4Q7Vy.jpg

Ixl9IlE.jpg

Went for a drive. Very honest seller explained all known problems. 

Got it home 

GDbWFRt.jpg

WF233t4.jpg

Had an hour on Sunday so thought I'd chuck a sponge over it see what condition the paint comes up

mLDFGpI.jpg

NUgaMhq.jpg

Few details 115k miles 05 asz. 10m mot, recently had timing belt /pump, brakes all round including calipers, rear springs, front wheel bearing, 2 pirelli p zero nero tyres. 

The paintwork has a few scabs, lacquer peel which I'll tackle my self and the clutch occasionally slips in sixth under heavy load. 

Took the car to work today to access mechanically. Only minor issues to report. It wants one cv boot, track rod end and the oil was a litre over max. 

First things will be a service, address minor mechanical issues, clutch when funds have recovered. 

Ill be doing bits and pieces to it but my diy to keep costs down. The suzuki got a bit crazy chasing perfection. This won't be going the same way 

Thanks for reading

• Like 1

Saw your post over on piston heads, you’re quite correct in the level of helpfulness on here compared to some of the Fabia Facebook sites!!!

Keep up the good work, it’s always nice to see someone chasing the niggling faults out of the way to end up with a decent daily driver. 

Plenty of project threads on here to get some inspiration from, and I think many of us have been guilty in the past of chasing perfection with our cars, some of us still are lol

Thank you for taking time to read it guys. Yes I'll be along to the fabia 1 section soon enough. I need to refresh myself with some of the common upgrades and necessary part numbers. Been nearly 10yrs since I had a fabia. Is there a sticky or similar for parts and part numbers. 

Ok so lack of pictures, was in a rush yesterday and done 350 mile round trip today. 

Did the track rod end on Friday. I need rack ends and another track rod end as there in a bad way as I want to do full alignment on it soon

S2000 filter will be removed this weekend and replaced with standard Airbox and new paper element 

Pollen filter to fit tomorrow 

Road trip today to collect a fulleather interior in black. I had originally started searching for a black fabric sport interior but got offered this I jumped at the chance. I'll put some pics up tomorrow when it's fitted and clean. The colour combo just looks right in my opinion. 

We've traced the broken load signal wire do usual place. I've removed plug and will extend wiring and Rewire the plug next week. 

I'm holding off on the oil and fuel filters. When I bought the car it had a litre over max in it. We sucked it out down to max. I want to drive for a few weeks see if level rises which would point to injector seals or tandem pump. 

Edited by ste372

Leather interior is now fitted. Feels a real nice place to spend some time now on my commute. 

Gave the carpet a quick hoover and a wipe down. It needs new floor mats but I'll get some rubber direct fit ones. 

Few pictures really pleased with these 

p06wSEG.jpg

DGRhE2T.jpg

NqQhM56.jpg

2gIZWky.jpg

cYqiuOC.jpg

If anyone is after a really clean standard vrs interior with no rips, tears or wear to the bolsters. Message me and I can sort some pictures out. I'm looking for £100 and collection is Hyde greater manc SK14 postcode  

• Like 1

Looking good Ste. The leather seats really do work well against the black exterior. I thought there'd be too much black but I'm pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work. I'm certain you'll be tinkering for a while yet.

On 17/01/2018 at 13:11, valvedoctor46 said:

Looking good Ste. The leather seats really do work well against the black exterior. I thought there'd be too much black but I'm pleasantly surprised. Keep up the good work. I'm certain you'll be tinkering for a while yet.

Yes the leather just works.  I love the green stitching and red piping just fits with the vrs badges. 

Had a bit of a play today and pulled the grill off to colour code. Had some black magic lying around so sprayed the chrome grill and the front vrs badge. I'll be refitting tomorrow once I've wet sanded and polished it up. It's not perfect but got a good finish 

T1ZTnyv.jpg

mcRdTZe.jpg

VAInCWW.jpg

KrLEweu.jpg

Not a bad colour match from a spray can and against 13yr old paint. 

Also changed the pollen filter and replaced the load signal wire which has cured all of the electrical gremlins 

tVf09GY.jpg

Did oil and filter change on Friday aswell. Feel a lot more confident now I know exactly what's in there. 

dmn5ZFh.jpg

BzHWjbl.jpg

H0mwwwZ.jpg

Left the grill in the wash room with the dryer going at it most of night. The lacquer has now cured gave it a quick polish. But old paint needs cutting back and polishing up properly. I'll be doing the car in sections as I'm pushed for time these days. 

KGXgBUi.jpg

YBMzhiJ.jpg

I've colour coded the vrs badge on the grill and it was faded. Im trying to go for a low key approach with black badges. 

Next little project is interior air vent surrounds. These will also be colour coded black magic. Hoping it'll add a bit of sparkle/colour to the inside without going into full on chav mode.