Electric windows

Diko

Hi, I have recently signed up to try to find a solution to my Fabia2 1.4 diesel front window problem. Both have stopped working. Has anyone actually solved this problem? There are many threads that actually do not appear to give a definitive solution. Broken wires in the door loom, so this has been replaced. Any help would be appreciated.

Diko

If both have stopped together, it could be the switch (Do either switches work)?  Or the control module which might be in the door. It usually is the wires though, they snap with regular frequency. By you saying wires in door loom, I assume you mean where the door closes on the rubber bellows. Both sides!

Thanks for the response. Neither of the switches operate either of the windows, and only the drivers door loom has been changed. The car is now booked in my local garage but cannot be looked at until late next week.

Do the electric mirrors work?

I've had  a similar problem, broken wire in the the drivers door loom under the grommet.

I now have another problem passenger side windows blow the fuse, could also be a broken wire in the grommet.

Hi enfield250, yes the mirrors do work, as does the central locking led etc. I was just hoping that someone who had the same problem could just turn round and say what they had to do to rectify it! I am sure that there will be more than one cause. I have changed the door loom to no avail, although there were broken wires in the original one.

Thanks for your input though.

Diko