how to play usb stick on my stereo?

froggy8

hi guys, i was thinking about getting another unit just so i can play music from a stick but i dont think i can change them over so was wondering if anyone has the standard unit in their fabia and knows how to play usb stick please?

many tahnks

Don't know of any standard systems that can do this. There was an upgrade/extra to have an mp3 plugged in and this can also be done via the aux plug but the controls will be limited to sound, etc and you will need to use the mp3 controls to switch on/off, change tracks, etc. Dunno if there is any way to get a stick reader to plug in to the aux but if there is, I recon it'd be easier to upgrade the stereo anyway! I think you got caught on the cusp of new tech!

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, mrgf said:

Don't know of any standard systems that can do this. There was an upgrade/extra to have an mp3 plugged in and this can also be done via the aux plug but the controls will be limited to sound, etc and you will need to use the mp3 controls to switch on/off, change tracks, etc. Dunno if there is any way to get a stick reader to plug in to the aux but if there is, I recon it'd be easier to upgrade the stereo anyway! I think you got caught on the cusp of new tech!

thank you, i was expecting to see a usb plug somewhere so you saying there might be a jack plug somewhere? will have a good look tomorrow.

Greenline/SE and above (I think) got the MDI (under the Glove Box) which with various cables (costing £20ish) you could plug iPod, USB, MicroUSB etc devices into the Swing etc stereo. Plus the Jack Plug (headphone style 3.5mm jack) near the Handbrake was/is standard!

• Like 1

I don't think this came with the Greenline MK1 though as it was an option... It may be able to be retro-fitted but I use either cd's or plug an iPod into the aux socket down by the handbrake. Cant see the benefit of spending extra for an option I don't use at all as I woulbt leave the mp3 in there all day everyday. Worth it if you do, you have a large capacity etc as I think it powers it too where the aux will not. You will either need to rely on internal mp3 battery or plug it in to the power socket. I do this on the infrequent times I use it. With the system Simoneale1973 suggests, I think the player will then sit inside the glovebox... Don't fancy that idea as mine is chilled!