Auto wipers not working

I have recently bought a 2015 Scout. Having had both a pre-FL mk2 scout and a post-FL mk2 scout I can confirm I am hooked to these cars!

I've searched the forum but can't find any information on this.

The auto wipers don't appear to be working - even in the most sensitive setting (to the right) they do not wipe, even when the screen is so wet you can't see out...

Have checked a few things:

1 - Rain sensitive wipers enabled on Infotainment system

2 - Wiper stalk put to INT - when moving the sensitivity switch to the right the wipers will wipe once and then not again.

3 - VCDS shows no errors in the rain sensor

Auto lights are working fine (although much more sensitive than my last 2 scouts).

Does anyone have any idea how this can be fixed?

thanks

andrew

My auto wipers also stopped working a few months ago and the sensor and dropped a bit, so it stopped detecting rain impact on screen. I don't think it would show on VCDS if you have this problem? Not sure though 

29 minutes ago, Aarond said:

My auto wipers also stopped working a few months ago and the sensor and dropped a bit, so it stopped detecting rain impact on screen. I don't think it would show on VCDS if you have this problem? Not sure though 

How did you fix this?  Presume you need to get to the sensor behind the rear view mirror?  

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestion. 

Removed the box behind the rear view mirror. As suggested, the rain sensor had come adrift from the screen.  Increased the clamping force of the clips (I.e. bent them in a bit) and clipped it back in place. 

Wipers responded to a spray at of water, just need it to rain now!

once again, Briskoda to the rescue!

Edited by lard-ajc
  • Like 1