Skoda fabia mk1 se window fault

matty28

Hi I'm new here and hope I'm in the right section. 

I know it been covered loads but I'm not 100% how to use this site and can't find the thread .

I've been having trouble with both windows not working when I play with fuess 46 and 58 I believe I can sometimes get them working again but not all the time , if I lock the car and go into  the house for 5 mins and  go back out to the car  they want work again I find it strange how it losses power to the fuess when I turn car off for a bit they can be a pain to get working again and don't also want to work 

The mirrors are working it's just the windows anyone point me in the right direction to what it could be .drivers window reg ? Split in the wire somewhere causing a short when I get them working longs as I don't turn car off they stay working any help will be grate 

23 hours ago, sepulchrave said:

Every time you open and close the drivers door you're straining the loom in the rubber boot, it could just be coincidence...

I will check the weekend at the door wiring if that's ok I will replace the motor and hopefully that will sort it ,does anyone know what other cars share the same window motors? I have one with 2 plugs I have a few 3 plugged ones and 4 plugs ,but I cant seems to find the one I need must be because its a later model*