Missing PID

truck967

I am currently looking to buy a 66 Plate from a national car dealer

Its a Black edition but looking at the showroom photos it appears to have a blanking piece where the PID holder usually goes, just wondering why this is?

I believe most of the cars are ex hire cars so that might have something to do with it.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

1 hour ago, truck967 said:

I am currently looking to buy a 66 Plate from a national car dealer

Its a Black edition but looking at the showroom photos it appears to have a blanking piece where the PID holder usually goes, just wondering why this is?

I believe most of the cars are ex hire cars so that might have something to do with it.

Can anyone shed some light on this?

PID was discontinued from 16 plates I believe. You know use your phone In the cradle. 

15 hours ago, oxonboxn said:

Take it up with the dealer....if the Black Edition came with the PID as part of it's spec, insist on having one.

If part of the spec, even if removable, insist its there.  

You wouldn't accept a car that had a removable rear seat, with it missing.  Or a missing wheel.   Same principle.

If he has it in a cupboard to stop someone pinching it, expect it to be refitted.