Right passenger side door lock

Jones66

Hi.

My door lock on the the right passenger side needs replacing.

I nearly blew a gasket when I found a  skoda replacement would cost £160 plus Labour on top. I went to ebay and  they are asking how many pins are in the original lock.

My car is a Skoda fabia 2003.

Please has anyone any ideas?

prepare for lots of frustration especially if you have riveted door carriers, and take your time reassembling as i managed to damage the new lock when i installed mine, luckily resolved with some trusty cable ties :)

I have got down to the rivets and now leaving it to a mechanic.

The 6 or 8 pin right passenger side lock has thrown me but I have a love of my Skoda so want her ready for her MOT in february.

I never thought at 51 and a qualified driver for just 12 months. I would become a car enthusiast..

But here I am :)

1 hour ago, TripleMcB said:

I've noticed that the MK1 fabia has a way of sucking you in to ...... Just fix stuff in a leisurely way. Forgot about  rivets. I've gotten bolts so was able to complete myself. 

Mine has bolted door carriers as well. Luxury :biggrin:

You see men are far more bullish with their motors. I am leaving my car to the mechanic.

I hope he will be gentle with my Skoda.

Rivets or bolts as long as she passes her MOT.

I will be happy

On 29/01/2018 at 13:17, TripleMcB said:

Should be 8 pins. But that's if you have remote central locking. Did mine a d while it took a few hours to complete the hardest part was putting the door card back on.