Bulb Fittings

Right so, I've looked at the existing bulb threads and it all seems to be about pre-facelift  and debates about what the best aftermarket bulbs.  Not after bulb suggestions here, just want to know what 3 bulbs are used in the standard facelift headlights below (H7, H15 etc), because I can't find a definitive answer.  I'd also like to know if the high beam bulb doubles up as the sidelights, or whether the DRL's act as sidelights?   I know most people here seem to have the full LED's on the facelift, but if someone has these and knows for sure that would be great :)

a05e03487e5a081402ec541438b19770efa474aa

Just checked my FL SE technology- it looks like the sidelights and drl are the same. Dipped beam (H7) and main beam (H15) are separate units.

I had the dipped beam bulbs changed to Philips x-tremeVision when I bought the car, there doesn't appear to be much choice for upgrading the main beam bulbs, unfortunately.

9 minutes ago, DaveLees said:

Just checked my FL SE technology- it looks like the sidelights and drl are the same. Dipped beam (H7) and main beam (H15) are separate units.

I had the dipped beam bulbs changed to Philips x-tremeVision when I bought the car, there doesn't appear to be much choice for upgrading the main beam bulbs, unfortunately.

Perfect, thanks!  Yes you're right, not much choice for H15 apart from all the unbranded ones on eBay.  I was worried the H15 would act as the sidelights  as well which would give me a headache!

I don't suppose I could trouble you for a photograph could I?  Just how the dipped lights look with the engine running, would be great to see what the xtreme visions look like as they're on my shortlist!

DaveLees........ your Octavia must be the one with the split headlights as in the red car photo above.  I'm just wondering that they'll probably have a different reflector design so maybe give a better light output even if using the same bulbs in the standard facelift headlights.  My Octavia is a 66 plate 2017 with the standard one piece headlights.  I wasn't too impressed with the lights as standard when I got the car and I've fitted Osram Nightbreaker Laser H7s and Osram Cool Blue Intense H15.  These have made a definite improvement but nothing like Xenons.  I don't do a lot of night driving so they'll do for me.

Den

28 minutes ago, DaveLees said:

This is the best that I can do where you can any definition.

Dipped and full beam, the dipped beam is quite white (I've been flashed by incoming cars a couple of times)

Hope this helps

It's a big help, thanks a lot - really appreciate it!

One last question, when the 'sidelights' come on - do the DRL's just dim, is that all that happens?

19 hours ago, jtalep said:

It's a big help, thanks a lot - really appreciate it!

One last question, when the 'sidelights' come on - do the DRL's just dim, is that all that happens?

Sorry for the delay in replying.

The DRL's change into the sidelights when they are switched on, so there's no difference in brightness of the two lights.

• Thanks 1