Hi from deepest Norfolk

MrWow

First Skoda, a lovely white 63 plate Octavia Elegance Estate.

It's taken a time to find an appropriate car - we have had a Jaguar for the last 4 years and needed a very comfortable car - my wife has a neck problem which can be affected by cars with a poor ride.

After testing many different vehicles, we settled on a Superb - however, on test drive I noticed a red warning light on the dash.  The salesman (from a car supermarket) said don't worry its only telling you you need a service! So we carried on the 1 hour test drive through heavy traffic.  I looked it up later - it was a coolant warning light which the manual says stop immediately and turn the engine off!  Weren't going to buy that one then!

But we realised how impressed we were with Skoda, so went on the hunt for a Superb or Octavia.

I can honestly say the Octavia rides similarly to our Jag, so we are well pleased.  What is even more delightful is the feeling of solidity and robustness of a 4 year old car - everything works and the design is so thoughtful, it's a pleasure to drive.

I'm expecting the car to last me 4 or so years, and am looking forward to it.

Thanks to Paul at Stour Valley Cars who's a bit of a Skoda fan.

Thanks too to all on Briskoda - massive amounts of great material to research prior to making our decision!:D

• Like 1

Welcome. I too live in Norfolk in sheringham . I have had Skoda for the last 13 yrs and been on here as long. You won't  go far wrong with a Skoda and this is the forum of forums and probably the reason I still have a Skoda to be honest. 

• Like 1