Care Connect 3 years & Infotainment Online 1 year

Rifleman

Has anyone had an explanation from a dealer on exactly what you get for the £400 option on the Edition model?

I'm a bit confused as to what you get if you don't pay the £400 and what extra you get if you do...

The configuration summary says you get this as standard "Infortainment Online 1 year"

The "info" button gives this:-

Care Connect 3 years & Infotainment Online 1 year

Please note the following before you continue the configuration:

ŠKODA Connect – Infotainment Online”

Infotainment Online* for Amundsen navigation system:

Online Traffic Information

My Points of Interest

Online Destination Import

Online POI-Search (Text)

Weather

News

Parking Spaces

Petrol Stations

Online Tour Import

Infotainment Online* for Columbus navigation system also includes:

Google Earth™

Online POI-Search (Voice)

Weather

News

Parking Spaces

Petrol Stations

Online Tour Import

Infotainment Online* for Columbus navigation system also includes:

Google Earth™

Online POI-Search (Voice)

Online Map Update

Gracenote® 

ŠKODA Connect – Care Connect”

Care Connect – Emergency Call – duration 14 years:

Emergency Call

Care Connect* – Proactive Service – duration 14 years:

Service Scheduling

Breakdown Call

Automatic Accident Notification

Vehicle Health Report

Care Connect* – Remote Vehicle Access – duration 3 years:
Parking Position

Driving Data

Vehicle Status

Area Notification

Speed Notification

Honk & Flash

Online Anti-Theft-Alarm**

Edited by Rifleman

I was similarly discombobulated.

I asked my Dealer to clarify the confusion a bit, and the answer from Skoda UK was:

The £400 is for the Care Connect services listed below and the SOS Function, through its own on-board SIM for the data/call functions.

Any vehicle that has an Amundsen and Columbus Infotainment unit will get the Infotainment Online services free for the first year then 70 Euros a year after that. 

image.png.97c81a6e3ef7c788d87f65fd10df2609.pngcid:[email protected]

I was still not absolutely clear and I didn't think paying £400 so I could honk and flash was a particularly good deal, so I asked again

and got this reply:

to simplify it a bit further, if the vehicle Sat-Nav which on the KAROQ Edition it does, it will get Infotainment Online FOC for the first year.  Your customer will then have to provide the data that this uses. Which can be done by using a mobile phone as a “Hotspot” or getting a Data only SIM form a mobile provider I.E Vodafone ETC.

Care Connect is the extra £400 which includes the SOS button and Honk and FLASH.

Care connect give you both elements Proactive and Remote access.

The Proactive Services are FOC for 14 years and Remote Access is FOC for 3 years if ordered as an extra (unlike Superb and Kodiaq, which is fitted as std only get 1 year FOC).  

As far as I can see, as a minimum you get the green bit above, powered by your own SIM card/phone.

The further complication now is that ALL vehicles sold in Europe after March 31st have to have the SOS function fitted as standard. So at what point is the vehicle "sold", and will all Karoqs have this on from now on or only those ordered from April on?

Answers on a postcard to.....

Edited by Boiledbeef

On the Edition it just gives you the connect services. You get the infotainment online for one year anyway. 

Care connect gives you the roof call buttons and the extra stuff like honk and flash and area notification on your phone. 

You do get some things like driving data through the app even if you don't go for care connect. 

I was confused before , now I’m even more confused.

So do I need a sim for the first year and exactly what can I expect with the Columbus in the Edition.

Edited by Karman

16 minutes ago, Karman said:

I was confused before , now I’m even more confused.

So do I need a sim for the first year and exactly what can I expect with the Columbus in the Edition.

You can either use a sim (Columbus only has the sim slot I believe), or your phone as a hotspot for Infotainment.  Care Connect uses the built in at factory sim which the data service Skoda pays for, and the customer pays for the ongoing proactive and remote access service yearly after the initial 3 years. 

Edited by Englando
Clarification

Sorry I’m also baffled

If you don’t change the sim, do some services continue for 14 years free of charge

But for other services, (some in year 2 onwards, others in year 4 onwards) you need to provide the data allowance (roughly how much for a person in car hour per day?)

Or are Skoda saying you can have live features for 12 months, then for remaining 156 months (of the 14 years) these features no longer work at all, or just show the same frozen in time version (regardless if petrol stations open/close in subsequent years etc)

Sorry if I sound dumb, just trying to buy a car, not plan next 14 years of information gathering.

12 hours ago, SurreyJohn said:

Sorry I’m also baffled

If you don’t change the sim, do some services continue for 14 years free of charge

But for other services, (some in year 2 onwards, others in year 4 onwards) you need to provide the data allowance (roughly how much for a person in car hour per day?)

Or are Skoda saying you can have live features for 12 months, then for remaining 156 months (of the 14 years) these features no longer work at all, or just show the same frozen in time version (regardless if petrol stations open/close in subsequent years etc)

Sorry if I sound dumb, just trying to buy a car, not plan next 14 years of information gathering.

You are essentially paying £400 for the SOS and breakdown buttons which gives you:

14 years of the Proactive Service

3 years of the Remote Access service

1 year of Infotainment Service. 

You can then pay yearly for an ongoing Remote Access service after the initial 3 years. 

You can also pay yearly for a subscription to the Infotainment Service following the initial year. 

You can stop and start those services whenever you want, but you pay for 12months at a time.  If you sell the car the buyer can then pay for subscriptions to the two services, and will benefit from the remaining years of the Proactive Service. 

• 5 months later...