Alternator

fergal

hi all i drive a skoda octavia 1.9 tdi Axr Engine its an old taxi but suffering with charging problems u2 model old shape 2008 plate any one done any removal on this please with pics. at present some one butchered this i believe its meant to be 120 bosh on this 

IMG_20180209_162701.jpg

IMG_20180209_162617.jpg

54 minutes ago, Derk5000 said:

If it’s meant to be 120amp I guess that’s your problem with it only being 70amp, never mind the soldered connections. Have you had a meter on it to check what voltage your getting at the battery?

54 minutes ago, Derk5000 said:

If it’s meant to be 120amp I guess that’s your problem with it only being 70amp, never mind the soldered connections. Have you had a meter on it to check what voltage your getting at the battery?

no not yet as its an intermittent fault as not sure what alternator will fit as it been stuck at garage all week and they fobbed me off dodgy wiring 

should it not be the black cable that charges it, thats the one that connects to the battery. check the fusebox on top of the battery.
i had to change my cable over christmas as mine was pretty fried at the fusebox end and not charging. changing the cable was a pain due to access but doable.

• 3 weeks later...

just an update alternator was replaced with a valeo one multi-meter voltage checked by myself for drainage or power being lost .

old alternator was lucas stripped down to be honest it was in a sad state brushes and slip ring badly worn. 

just an update alternator was replaced with a valeo one multi-meter voltage checked by myself for drainage or power being lost .

old alternator was lucas stripped down to be honest it was in a sad state brushes and slip ring badly worn. 

IMG_20180227_172431.jpg