Amundsen v.s. Columbus

The Zee

Hi all, I am currently speccing up an SE L - the Edition is out as it has the electric tailgate as standard and that is one thing I do not want.

The question is do I go for the standard Amundsen or pay the massive £1250 to get the Columbus. My Superb had a Columbus so I don't want to be disappointed if I make the wrong choice.

Any opinions would be appreciated.

cheers all.

The Columbus gains a slightly larger screen, a little more performance and a few additional menu items, but lacks (useful) knobs. Save the £1250, or spend the money on items that affect the comfort, performance or practicality of the car - Canton, spare-wheel, electric seats, full leather etc,

I've been speccing up an SE L as well and got to over £32k. (yikes!) without being too silly on the options (near enough to what my Yeti spec. is) - that included a tow-bar and the Columbus as I want sat nav again. Is the Columbus the only option for sat nav? 

All models apart from the base SE spec have satnav. However, if it is anything like my Octavia satnav you'd be better off using Android Auto or Apple Carplay to sync because their mapping is far superior. 

Edited by Orville
  • Like 1

On 14/02/2018 at 08:44, Orville said:

All models apart from the base SE spec have satnav. However, if it is anything like my Octavia satnav you'd be better off using Android Auto or Apple Carplay to sync because their mapping is far superior. 

I hated the satnav on the Yetis and Octavias which I had. At times, it was so far wrong it was infuriating.

But the Karoq satnav, so far, with the link to my iPhone hotspot for traffic updates / Google satellite view is easily better than Google Maps and Apple Maps for navigating. I have even stopped using my Sygic satnav (for now) as the Skoda one is finally looking to be "fit for purpose"