Wht to check on vRS

GingerBen

Unless buying to keep for a couple of years and maybe get 3 grand for it I would not bother buying it.   And I would not let anyone not familiar with the cars or a very good mechanic change the plugs.  Even VW trained techs mess up the breather pipes or 'O' rings.    It has a service history of sorts,  but maybe not enough for a skoda warranty to be valid even when they sell you one.  See the thread on this page.   You have checked all you can,  you must decide.   Have you driven one yet?

Edited by AwaoffSki

Yes I’ve driven it and it drives fine. Well as well as can be tested in 15 mins. Ive bought the ngk plugs on amazon. Can get a Skoda Indy near me to fit. Sure they will know the car. Can soon find out. If I buy it I’ll want to keep it for a good while all being well 

5 minutes ago, GingerBen said:

Yes I’ve driven it and it drives fine. Well as well as can be tested in 15 mins. Ive bought the ngk plugs on amazon. Can get a Skoda Indy near me to fit. Sure they will know the car. Can soon find out. If I buy it I’ll want to keep it for a good while all being well 

Less of a risk maybe and still good fun.

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201709209489837?aggregatedTrim=vRS&onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=New&model=FABIA&advertising-location=at_cars&radius=1500&price-from=2000&sort=sponsored&price-to=7000&make=SKODA&postcode=sn119rn&page=6

media?id=17360405d108426f8e30485c952d59af

Decided to go for it after much research. Picking it up tomorrow and taking it straight to Tesco for a feed of Momentum! 

It has a good 3 month warranty so I’ll drive it with some spirit for a few weeks to see if anything shakes off so to speak then take it to Skoda for a diagnostic check. Want to make sure all software updates are done and if there is anything else flagged up. It’s been serviced but not by Skoda for 2 years so this, I think, is a good idea. 

• Like 1

The NGK plugs are OK, maybe not the best but people used them with Stage 1 remaps, but they can have a short life.

So you will need to check after 5,000 miles or so.

No point having Skoda do any diagnose checks if there is no Warranty with Skoda.

Nothing they can service, find a good local VW Independent.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, AwaoffSki said:

The NGK plugs are OK, maybe not the best but people used them with Stage 1 remaps, but they can have a short life.

So you will need to check after 5,000 miles or so.

No point having Skoda do any diagnose checks if there is no Warranty with Skoda.

Nothing they can service, find a good local VW Independent.

Ok I’ll make sure they get checked. We have a good Skoda, VW Indy very close by so I’ll take it to them for a once over. 

• Like 1