Kodiaq Edition order issue

MooseUK

Hi all

I ordered a Kodiaq Edition from my local Skoda dealer in Reading 3 weeks ago.

To date I have not recevied any feedback on build week, vin number or order number.

Is this standard practise for skoda? 

You should get a sheet with what you have ordered  and options etc, with an order number when you placed your order. I ordered on 31st January and have received a confirmation of order email, and I’ve also had two video messages informing me of what my build week is. I would certainly phone and ask for an update, and if not forthcoming phone ŠKODA, which I did when buying my Yeti and was then phoned every 2 weeks with any updates.

Hi Kenny

Thanks for the input.

I contacted them after a week & then after 2 weeks, and was told they would get back to me with the info, but as yet nothing.

This is starting to smell a bit fishy to me, time for a showroom visit and rattle a few cages.

It takes a few weeks before you will get a build date so relax. They should give you a provisional one though. It only gets a fixed build date two weeks before it is built. You won’t get a vin number until l it is built and it won’t be built for at least 6 to 10 weeks after ordering 

Edited by aimlisted

My dealer gave me the predicted build date there and then, as I placed my order.  My spec was too different to use one of the orders the dealer had already placed.  The prediction was fairly accurate, and I got the car 5 months later (June to November 2017).

This is normal practice with high on-demand cars. They want to be sure that the delivery date is correct and every dealer has "empty shells" or "spots" reserved in the factory so it takes some time to configure everything. They could just give you a "in-line" BW but they try their best to get the car to you as soon as possible, because that's when they get paid.

There was a problem last year that they had production problems and the delivery date was set back a few months and they had to give the people some free stuf because of the longer wait. If they don't give you any fix delivery dates and just tell you the delivery time in the ballpark like 2 weeks to a month accurate, if there are any problems they don't have to give you ****. That's why they are reluctant on giving fix delivery dates on cars that are on such demand.

It's in their interest too to get you your car as soon as possible, because that's when they get their money.

Actually I did OK in the end: ordered September and advised delivery before Christmas, then in November advised not before February and received a £500 voucher from SUK, then week before Christmas advised car was on its way and I collected 28th Dec.  Dealer threw in mats, fitted mud flaps and boot mat and the £500 voucher bought me installed dash cam, roof bars and a roof cycle carrier.  Was a frustrating wait but in the end I was very pleased with the result.