Now have build date

Neil1

I now have the build date for my kodiaq week 9.Sel 150 Tdi Dsg front parking sensors and colour matrix computer.looking forward to the new bear! Going to be a little diffrant to my current vrs Tdi Dsg.

First post since ordering on 28th January. Just had an update from the dealership with a build week of week 30! Please give me some hope that this will change...... 

Given that the BW allocated first is always 6 months or so away, and then they get pulled in to approx. 8 weeks (maybe quicker) from order date, I would say it's a certainty that BW30 isn't the final answer...

• Thanks 1

Thanks folks. I feel a little more hopeful now.

The dealership did mention a delay as they have some supply issue with the 1.4 engine. Not sure how true that is. Hopefully this is just a delaying tactic.

I'm due with my third baby in July so hoping that one delivery arrives before the other (preferably the car before the baby!)

Thanks again. C x

Ordered mine on the 2nd of January, was originally told BW9, but was then confirmed BW5.  Currently been sitting at Emden, enjoying the Germany weather, for 8 days now.  3 ships are in port at this moment, so should get on one of them bound for Sheerness....hopefully!!

Due to pick up on the 1st, so 8 weeks wait, not too bad at all.

P.S. Got boot liner, rubber mats, data sim card, and Racechip XLR throttle gizmo.  All I need is the damn motor!!!!

Could I ask what engines your cars are? 

Just trying to reassure myself that the week 30 date is not due to a 1.4 shortage as the dealer suggested (especially with the 1.5 change due at some point). 

Mines a 1.4TSi 150PS DSG SE L.    Don't worry to much about the BW30, it'll be much sooner than that.  When mine was built on it's way to the port, Skoda UK were still telling me late March early April for collection!!

I won't say, 'don't worry, it'll soon be here'.  Because the last 7 weeks seems to have dragged by LOL!!

• Thanks 1

Would you prefer the 1.5?

I understand it is fitted with a particulate filter. Given the potential unreliability of DPF's on diesels the whole reason for going petrol for me was to avoid a particulate filter!

To be honest, obviously it was a flippant reply in jest.

I was reading about the filter today on the 1.5 and it made me uneasy. I'd rather have the well tried and tested 1.4 even if it isn't as new and sparkly or as "efficient/reduced emissions". I'd definitely like it prior to build week 30 too! Haha

• Like 1

Me too, hence being curious when we think it'll make an appearance in the Kodiaq.

I think it's already in the SEAT Ateca but the Karoq still launched with the 1.4. I guess it's only a matter of time before the Kodiaq gets it too.

9 hours ago, silver1011 said:

I understand it is fitted with a particulate filter. Given the potential unreliability of DPF's on diesels the whole reason for going petrol for me was to avoid a particulate filter!

Err... aren't all the diesels 2.0l? I assumed this was a conversation about the 1.4l petrol being replaced by the 1.5l petrol that's in the Kodiaq...

Taken from Fleetworld's website based on press release from Skoda

"1.5-litre 148bhp has been added to the line-up, as well as a power increase for the 2.0 TSI from 178 to 187bhp. In addition, also making their debut are the latest generation 7-speed DSG for petrol engines and the 2.0 TDI engine with 148bhp. Another 2.0 TDI with 187bhp completes the engine range.

The new petrol drivetrains feature particulate filters to reduce particulate emissions. Škoda said this will be available for all equipment versions of the Škoda Kodiaq in the future"

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Calla said:

The new petrol drivetrains feature particulate filters to reduce particulate emissions

Oooh, you learn something every day!

(and I obviously meant Karoq in my last post, but never mind)

I'll definitely have a read. I don't know enough about the petrol versions but the dpf experience in the past has clouded my judgement.

46 minutes ago, Rayskoda said:

My car is build week 9 (2.00 TSi ) and personally I think I would prefer it to have had the GPF . ref article below

www.greencarguide.co.uk/features/gasoline-particulate-filter-gpf/

9 hours ago, Rayskoda said:

My car is build week 9 (2.00 TSi ) and personally I think I would prefer it to have had the GPF . ref article below

www.greencarguide.co.uk/features/gasoline-particulate-filter-gpf/

Panic over then...

We hope that all manufacturers will see sense and fit GPF as standard. Each filter costs around £25, requires no maintenance, doesn’t increase fuel consumption and is simpler than a DPF because it won’t clog up in urban running as the exhaust from a petrol engine is hot enough to allow the filter to clean itself without any extra help.