Now have build date

Neil1

On 21/02/2018 at 20:03, MooseUK said:

5 seat Edition 1.4 DSG 4x4 ordered 26th Jan. Original Build date week 22 now week 14

It looks like our cars will be rolling off together Moose. I had an update from the dealership yesterday that my build date had gone for week 30 to week 14. 

Hooray!

I’m build week 14 too and hoping to have delivery before end of May, as my current Yeti’s MOT runs out then, and I don’t really want to pay for an mot if I don’t have to. :D

Looks like week 14 is THE week for lots of us.... 

Fingers crossed that the wait is short, the sea is calm, MOT's aren't required and babies don't arrive early!

C x

• Like 1

When I was told bw 14, they also said that I would get it at the begining of May.

I hope so as we have a few days booked in Snowdonia later in may and it would be nice to have it then, although our current Yeti will be fine.

Anyone know if they come by Sea or Rail to the UK.

Thanks Wiggo.

My brother in laws new Audi SQ5, is currently on route to Emden from Mexico, they may end up on the same boat to the UK:)

Edited by MooseUK

We are camping the 2nd May Bank Holiday and it would be good to have the Kodiaq setup ready to go for it.  BW14 w/c 2 April gives seven weeks or so for the car to get here.

Any idea on the average delivery time after build? 

32 minutes ago, raygun57 said:

Any idea on the average delivery time after build?

Really shouldn't be any more than 3-4 weeks at most. Mine was BW5 and it's been sat at the dealer since last week (which I make 3 weeks after BW5).

15 hours ago, MooseUK said:

Thanks Wiggo.

My brother in laws new Audi SQ5, is currently on route to Emden from Mexico, they may end up on the same boat to the UK:)

You can get him to track the ship on marinetraffic.com

Then when yours is ready to ship you can follow it across the North Sea.

Edited by Markymate

• 2 weeks later...

Still at build week 20 for mine. I tried asking Skoda if they where waiting for the new model year builds, but didn’t get anything useful except model changes are usually confirmed in Sept, which seems different to what I’ve heard in the past.

1 hour ago, silver1011 said:

What spec did you order?

17 weeks is quite long but I'm assuming this includes the Christmas plant closure?

Yes, includes the two week closure. Ordered a 5 seat 2.0 tdi dsg SE L with ACC, heated rear seats, front sensors. All the local Lancashire dealers were experiencing delivery delays apparently with shortage of seats/ leather blamed. Went into the dealer yesterday to sign on the line and he said the delays on Karoqs will be even longer.

1 hour ago, ir49 said:

Yes, includes the two week closure.

Hmm. I ordered at the start of December it was at the dealer a week before the end of February. Admittedly, this was an Edition so different seats.

Is it possible that all the Lancashire dealers have simply filled their order slots and so are having to wait their turn? Dealers are very quick to blame component shortages to justify delays that they knew would happen because they have no available build slots for a long time, but don't want to turn your business away. Did you get the same story from multiple dealers, or are you just going off what the one you ordered from told you?

5 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Hmm. I ordered at the start of December it was at the dealer a week before the end of February. Admittedly, this was an Edition so different seats.

Is it possible that all the Lancashire dealers have simply filled their order slots and so are having to wait their turn? Dealers are very quick to blame component shortages to justify delays that they knew would happen because they have no available build slots for a long time, but don't want to turn your business away. Did you get the same story from multiple dealers, or are you just going off what the one you ordered from told you?

Went to one other central Lancashire dealer (salesman ) who didn’t seem too bothered and didn’t have a demo to try and who said it was to early to know about lead times .Don’t know about quotas and would have thought that if I wanted to buy a new car (A diesel at that !) any dealer would want to do the business and fulfill a reasonable person’s expectations. I’d even based my choice of vehicle on 6 month long-term reviews from respected motoring press.

Im told the car is being delivered tomorrow evening to the dealer for its PDI on Friday am before collection. If this happens it’s off to the Scottish Highlands on Saturday early doors for a run-in period it’ll be telling its baby Karoqs about. Watch this space...

1 hour ago, JA1976 said:

Do you think it'll make it to the dealership (Dartford in Kent) by the weekend?

Highly unlikely - and don't forget the dealer also needs time to do the PDI as well.

3 minutes ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Highly unlikely - and don't forget the dealer also needs time to do the PDI as well.

Thanks. That actually works out well as I'd be hard pushed to pick it up this weekend, whereas next weekend is better.

On 2/19/2018 at 23:45, silver1011 said:

Me too, hence being curious when we think it'll make an appearance in the Kodiaq.

I think it's already in the SEAT Ateca but the Karoq still launched with the 1.4. I guess it's only a matter of time before the Kodiaq gets it too.

Karoq launched with 1.5 TSI with DSG7. Ateca still has the 1.4TSI, but in combination with DSG7 (Kodiaq has DSG6). 

1.5TSI should be available from BW32, according to my Skoda dealer.

Edited by BramBam
  • Like 1