Now have build date

Neil1

Delivery dates are apparently different for each country. Seems to depend on the amount of production spots reserved by the importer (in my case Pon in the Netherlands). I've ordered a Kodiaq 1.4TSI DSG6 (Style Business) almost 3 weeks ago and the build of the car is scheduled for week 42. This means 7 months between ordering and building.

Edited by BramBam

2 hours ago, BramBam said:

the build of the car is scheduled for week 42

Wouldn't that mean you will be getting a 1.5 Tsi and 2019 model year changes...?

42 minutes ago, TheRobinK said:

Wouldn't that mean you will be getting a 1.5 Tsi and 2019 model year changes...?

Probably. My dealer cannot confirm this yet, but will confirm changes when details are available.

I ordered 15 January in Sweden and still haven't received a build week. I can confirm that it's about reserved slots per country. My dealer told me that Skoda in Sweden are in talks about reserving more production slots. Not sure if that's just that specific dealer trying to get more slots or the country in general to share amongst the dealers.

Pretty frustrating to read in UK and German forums about people ordering in February/March and getting their cars in May/June. Lucky ******s! =)

Edit: Ordered fully equipped sportline 2.0 TSI

Edited by TheSwede

1 hour ago, TheSwede said:

My dealer told me that Skoda in Sweden are in talks about reserving more production slots. Not sure if that's just that specific dealer trying to get more slots or the country in general to share amongst the dealers.

The Netherlands already received 500 additional production slots. Delivery would otherwise exceed a year.

Edited by BramBam

I had a phone call from the dealer an hour ago. He said they were contacted by Skoda, cars were being shifted quicker than expected, he asked me if I want to collect mine in April. I told him, that means car will be built next week, and you'll have it by end of the month? He said no, it will be built this week. That means today/weekend?!? I placed my order 10 March, was told BW19 initially, then last Monday was told BW 16, and now this ... When you guys say waiting a year, I really feel sorry for you :( Don't understand the logic of this all, build slots could be proportionate to car sales, stronger in some countries than others maybe

Had a similar call from dealer asking if I wanted the car to be delivered by end of moth guaranteed. Sounds like Skoda are clearing out any orders they can ASAP in the UK.

On 2/27/2018 at 17:42, raygun57 said:

Ordered 17 Feb and was told build week 14 (w/c 2 April) and told to expect delivery mid-late May. 2.0 TSI.

As an update for those interested in build times, the car was moved up to BW12 w/c 19 March.  On 23rd March I chatted to customer services on the Skoda UK website and it was already at Emden and had been "released to ship".  I returned from holiday yesterday and contacted customer services and it had been delivered to dealer on 31 March!  It will be at the local franchise tomorrow for collection on the weekend.  Wow.

Lucky you!!

I decided to check status with SUK customer services too, they only confirmed my BW16. So the Friday talk with the dealer may not have materialized (he may have said "potentially" but I was very selective at what I was hearing at the time haha) Still, light at the end of the tunnel :D

On 4/4/2018 at 15:54, BramBam said:

Delivery dates are apparently different for each country. Seems to depend on the amount of production spots reserved by the importer (in my case Pon in the Netherlands). I've ordered a Kodiaq 1.4TSI DSG6 (Style Business) almost 3 weeks ago and the build of the car is scheduled for week 42. This means 7 months between ordering and building.

At least you got a Build Week, i ordered mine almost 1 month ago and no such dates for me yet. :-(

6 hours ago, Kalpz said:

At least you got a Build Week, i ordered mine almost 1 month ago and no such dates for me yet. :-(

Delivery/build dates change a lot over here, so I will believe it once I get the confirmation that it is really build.