Manual boot opening

I was fiddling around the other day and managed to change how much the electric hatch opens. To reset this, the manual says to open the hatch manually, then a long  press the button on the bottom edge of the hatch.

The only reference I can find to opening the hatch manually, is to press the button above the number plate then lift the lid.........  Is this right? , I don't want to force, and break  anything.

Thanks.

From the manual:

image.png.490aa3c2af6e31535fa28bf69fb78b3f.pngimage.png.88ad16790c26c0c87a6f503bca0e0f54.png

In practice it's so easy I did it when I picked the car up. Press the button on the hatch itself (not the one on the key fob) to open. It will open on it's own - you don't need to pull it. Hold your hand where you want the lid to stop and hold it there. Then press the hatch open button on the key fob until you hear a beep. That's it - though I would advise you check it to make sure it's worked.

One word to the wise - if you are using multiple keys (AIUI) each will open the lid to the level set for it. So you might want to do it for all of the keys one after another.

Also note - mine is the hatchback. I presume the estate / combi works the same way, but do not know for a fact if this is the case.

Sorry - I misread your post. Your initial suggestion is correct. What you are looking for is written (not particularly well) at the bottom of p68 and top of p69 of the manual above. Just ease the lid up to top position (you won't need to force it), then press the key fob middle button until you hear the beep again. Then it will go to the top position every time.

I have to have mine set a bit lower so that I can open the boot in the garage.

I regularly manually push it up when I am loading the shopping at the car park because I have been known to crack my head on the latch!

I doesn't do any damage to the mechanism.