End of Warranty Check?

vadimo

Being BMW owner they offer this which is beneficial for not only owner but also dealership as this is their chance to spot any faults and get paid by BMW for the work, when i was booking mine, the dealer was very open about this, i was told: "do not worry its in our interest to find problems and get it fixed now"

Also to top this up, they offer MOT protect for the first two which will address any faults that may cause MOT failure, this of course excludes any wear.

I wonder if Skoda offering any of this? I ask here because i only learned about the above from BMW forum, they just do not make this so obvious to find out. 

Edited by vadimo

You had the choice of purchasing an extra 1 or 2 years warranty extension before the car was first registered, that would have been a help for 2 years after the first UK MOT.

A good idea is have your car MOT'd a month before the 3 years at a non VW Group Dealership and then you know if there are issues the MOT brings up.

Then have a Skoda Dealership deal with them.

Read your Skoda Warranty on the things that the T&C's say are covered for just 6 months / 6,500 miles.

This is what Skoda Dealers like to use as a reason for saying, 'Not a warranty issue'. 

11 hours ago, Eddie-NL said:

Don't think their extended warranty is fully comprehensive, there are exclusions. Check the T&C 

2 types of 5 year warranty exist.

The Factory version (only available before car is first registered, bought with new car)

An extension (usually bought during 3rd year) which isn’t as comprehensive.

Rememer MOTs can be done upto month early and run for upto 13 months (12 months from anniversary of expiry or 3 years from first registration).  Get it done early whilst warranty is still valid

1 hour ago, SurreyJohn said:

2 types of 5 year warranty exist.

The Factory version (only available before car is first registered, bought with new car)

An extension (usually bought during 3rd year) which isn’t as comprehensive.

Rememer MOTs can be done upto month early and run for upto 13 months (12 months from anniversary of expiry or 3 years from first registration).  Get it done early whilst warranty is still valid

Don't think the cover is the same, even with the standard 3 year warranty there are cases where they worm out in paying.

I can't see them replacing alloy wheel centre caps at 4.5 years due to white worm

From what I understand BMW warranty is pretty comprehensive. I certainly plan on extending mine once it expires in the coming months, bonus is you can just pay monthly without the premiums being hiked every year. My car also benefited from a 5 year service plan which also includes oil top ups. 

^^^

You soon learn you need it when the Brake Service warning comes on, it goes into limp mode, just no Sport, and as it turns out it is not the pads needing done 

just a sensor failure.

Keep that warranty going, and the service plan, feed them good oil, fuel and just keep paying for Main Dealer Servicing.

& when the 'big services' are ignored is when Used BMW's are available for much cheapness.

3 hours ago, AwaoffSki said:

^^^

You soon learn you need it when the Brake Service warning comes on, it goes into limp mode, just no Sport, and as it turns out it is not the pads needing done 

just a sensor failure.

Keep that warranty going, and the service plan, feed them good oil, fuel and just keep paying for Main Dealer Servicing.

& when the 'big services' are ignored is when Used BMW's are available for much cheapness.

Service every two years. Big service is just the addition of spark plugs. No cambelt and water pump to change every 4 years. Surprisingly cheap to service, although oil is expensive.