Got my new Octy Elegance estate yesterday...

Picked up my new car yesterday, so far so good, have had to drive it in pretty poor weather conditions (snow and ice). Feel a bit silly as couldn't work out where headlamp washers were and rang dealer to ask! However they were their usual polite selves but I daresay they had a laugh and I wouldn't blame them! Shall miss the fun speed of my Fabia VRS but am already appreciating the roominess of the Octy especially when taking out my parents. Am nervous buying a new car but fingers crossed it that it is reliable as the Fabia was.:thumbup:

Picked up my new car yesterday, so far so good, have had to drive it in pretty poor weather conditions (snow and ice). Feel a bit silly as couldn't work out where headlamp washers were and rang dealer to ask! However they were their usual polite selves but I daresay they had a laugh and I wouldn't blame them! Shall miss the fun speed of my Fabia VRS but am already appreciating the roominess of the Octy especially when taking out my parents. Am nervous buying a new car but fingers crossed it that it is reliable as the Fabia was.:thumbup:

Health to enjoy Katie

...Feel a bit silly as couldn't work out where headlamp washers were...

I know the feeling - especially with an owners manual that's getting on for 300 pages. I keep thinking "I know it does such and such but how?"

Enjoy your new car ... you could always get it remapped to get a bit more "fun" :D

Thanks Goochie, actually the dealership have said if I want more power they could chip it for me. I'll wait and see how I get on, my main drive is to work which is 25 miles, up some fairly steep hills. As long as it has enough power to get me out from behind slow lorries fairly quickly I'll be happy, and so far it seems to have that. I seem to be going much slower than I did in my Furby but looking at the speedo I'm actually not.

[ Feel a bit silly as couldn't work out where headlamp washers were and rang dealer to ask! However they were their usual polite selves but I daresay they had a laugh and I wouldn't blame them!

What about me ? - driving home from dealer I found I needed fuel [mean bu**ers had put about 10cc in tank] and couldn't find the fuel flap opening button that my previous Mk 1 vRS had. Sat in the gas station like a lemon, wading through the owners manual till I found it didn't have a button, you just pushed the edge of the flap!! Don't they do a run-through with new owners any more? Even car rental outlets do that!

Don't they do a run-through with new owners any more?

The dealer did actually give me a run through of most things on the car but not the headlamp washers. It wasn't until I got home and was checking the specs for an Octy Elegance that I thought they were missing. Talking of fuel cpas, I recently had a courtesy car (a Diatshu thing) and I spent ages at the garage trying to find the cap release. In the end (there was no manual) I had to ask the attendant, together we hunted all over the car and eventually found it underthe handbreak. Am glad to say no release lever for new Octy, when filling up my Fabia I frequently got out of the car without releasing the button, something I never quite got used to.Think it was from having driven a glof for years.

I know what you mean about missing the fun element. I went from Ibiza 130 TDi Sport, to 2.0 TDi Octy Elegance. Her-indoors needed more space for looking after the grandchild eg. pushcahirs,cots, bags, prams etc...

The performance difference between the two cars is quite different, however the Octy has plenty of pull when needed, is far more comfortable, more practical, and doesn't shake your teeth out going over the slightest bump in the road like the Ibiza did.

I fancied the leather seats but my hubby was against them. We compromised and had an Elegance instead of the planned Ambiente.

This hubby really wanted leather seats, as the fabric on our Octy 1 seems to weld itself to my chinos - cue for much bouncing up and down while driving and wriggling to release its grip, with wife saying "what the (heck) are you doing?". So went for the L&K, since with the extras I wanted for an Elegance (including leather) the L&K was a better bargain.

It's being built in Week 11 (not long now!) and with any luck we'll have it by the end of the month. Then I suppose I'll have to add one of those boring lists of specifications to my sig.....

Yes I'd like an L & K but with kids in Uni have cut down somewhere. However so far after 5 days am very pleased with the car, long may it be so.

This hubby really wanted leather seats' date=' as the fabric on our Octy 1 seems to weld itself to my chinos - cue for much bouncing up and down while driving and wriggling to release its grip, with wife saying "what the (heck) are you doing?". So went for the L&K, since with the extras I wanted for an Elegance (including leather) the L&K was a better bargain.

It's being built in Week 11 (not long now!) and with any luck we'll have it by the end of the month. Then I suppose I'll have to add one of those boring lists of specifications to my sig.....[/quote']

Bother! Called in to the dealers today and it's slipped 2 weeks - now due to arrive around Easter. Will just have to contain myself for another 5 weeks....

Bad luck but I'm sure it will be worth the wait. Drove my Octy in the dark for the first time tonight, the automatic rear mirror dimmer is great, have never experienced one of those before.

My next new experience will be using the cruise control for the first time.