Octavia vRS 2.0T Sachs Performance Clutch

Hi,

My slave cylinder went on the weekend and while it could be just this that needs replacing, the garage has advised to getting a clutch just in case it's contaminated. My car is running a Shark Stage 2 tune and had a Sachs Performance clutch and slave fitted at the time by the last owner. I'm having trouble finding the exact one I need. Are all Mk2 Octavia vRS gearboxes the same? I've seen 02Q mentioned but I can't check as my car isn't home. I have seen it's possible to buy the clutch plate separately so surely this should be all I need? 

Regards

Martyn

12 minutes ago, kton200281 said:

What symptoms did you have re the slave cylinder failing?

Pedal went halfway and then eventually went to floor, wouldn't go into gears unless I rev matched. My local indy has it now and says the fluid is leaking out the box. It's definitely that but I need a clutch while it's open as if it's contaminated it has to be changed too. My problem is I'm struggling to find what one I need. I know it's an 02Q gearbox, engine CCZA but there's several code variations but it looks like it's similar for SEAT, VW, Audi, etc. Don't know if I could just get a clutch disk and get away with it. 

• 1 year later...

Hi My clutch was done 8k Miles ago and start slipping again after remap parently my mech set he put stronger then standard clutch now but seems like someone Is cheating me  (shop or my mechanic)I payed 350  for the clutch from Euro car parts with discount.  So I am asking u guys what clutch should I get now.  Thank u