Clutch pedal and master cylinder

Tsi 1.8 manual est 2007 140000 miles

clutch pedal does not disengage clutch. Pedal goes to floor very easy and stays there.master cylinder a little damp on engine side . Lower dash off pedal nuts undone.

question how do I remove metal hydraulic pipe . How does pedal return to position, is it pressure from slave cylinder?

any advice about this situation is needed

https://workshop-manuals.com/skoda/octavia-mk2/power_transmission/gearbox_0a4/clutch_control/clutch_control/removing_and_installing_master_cylinder_(octavia_ii)/

Air in the clutch line from master cylinder to slave cylinder either from leaky seals or poor bleeding will cause the pedal to flipflop between the fully up and down position.

As you say it looks damp it's probably safe to assume a seal or hose has deteriorated.

Hi I have a problem with my clutch as i tried to bleed the system as its been gradually worse to change gear, I now find myself with no clutch pedal at all, bled perfectly until i tried the pedal and it just hits the floor. There are no leaks anywhere in the system, had the brakes done last year just before i purchased, so do not know if it is from that, so with i assume an enclosed slave cylinder how do i get the pedal back or do i just carryout a complete re bleeding of the system.

You should pressure bleed the clutch, experience shows it is problematic if done just using a one man bleeder and depressing the pedal.

I recommend Gunson Eezibleed.

Well the master cylinder is fitted without too much of a problem mainly because of the workshop manual information , I would not have guessed a 40mm spacer would allow it to be removed with an anti-clockwise turn and pressure on two lugs at once.

Thanks also to MicMac for the ezibleed which worked well as I have no mates to help and the manual recommends it also.

The pedal feels a little different (weak) and the clutch bites high up but then we have 140,000 on the clock and it may still need another bleed if I get the energy to take the air box off again .

Great help briskoda Thank you.