Greenlaning

Teflon1

Thinking of doing some non damaging forestry greenliang trips with my 4x4 DSG since selling my Defender.  Anyone done this on the standard tyres? (Have the off-road button)

Edited by Teflon1

38 minutes ago, Teflon1 said:

Thinking of doing some non damaging forestry greenliang trips with my 4x4 DSG since selling my Defender.  Anyone done this on the standard tyres? (Have the off-road button)

I'm out and about on forestry tracks regularly, as a rally radio operator and as a contractor to NRW, and have never had a problem, even on the poorer, less maintained routes. I've surprised a few people where I have got to, even in my old Yeti without the ORB. I've also run 2 greenlaning trips around Claerwen Reservoir for members here.

Please remember that Forestry Commission/NRW tracks are not Rights of Way generally, and driving them without permission is illegal, can result in prosecution and at worst your car being removed and destroyed.
There are many tracks on Salisbury Plain that will be suitable for a Yeti, but stick to the BOATs only as MOD Plod and the Range Wardens get upset if caught on the military tracks. There is excellent advice available on their web site on what tracks are available.

And remember that it is not advisable to go on your own.