Skoda Superb Sportline Options

Hi all,

So we are planning on buying a new Superb Sportsline here in Dublin.

I asked the dealer for a list of optional extras and pricing and he sent me the attached.

I have gone through them all and have decided which ones to go for but the light options is confusing to say the least.

Could anyone please, in plain English, tell me what the following are:

PNCS LIGHT ASSIST

PNG SMART LIGHT ASSIST

PWX LIGHT ASSIST AUTO CONT HI B

PWY LGHT ASSIST AUTO CONT HIGH

PWZS LIGHT ASSIST AUTO CONT HI B

QR9 WITH TRAFFIC RECOGNITION

Also, I read that it is worth paying for the "PWDS TRAVEL ASSIST" as it is possible to unlock other features that use the same camera through VCDS.

Cheers!

sportline 190 bhp options.xlsx

Hi Dubsey and welcome. Not sure if this is country specific. I'd normally use a decoder such as this one: http://vag-codes.info/

But some of your codes don't seem to work for it - they are normally all 3 character from memory.

So to try to help in some way until someone with more knowledge than me pitches up:

- Smart Light Assist: effectively keeps the main beam working all the time, then uses clever gizmology (technical term:biggrin:) to "blank out" bits of the lights that might dazzle others. Some rave about it, others aren't that bothered. All I would say is it's an awful lot of money to put it on your car.

- PWX and PWSZ seem to be the same thing? There is a thing called High Beam Assist, which might be what this refers to. In essence the car flicks automatically between main beam and dipped when it detects something ahead / coming the other way. 

- QR9: This is known as Traffic Sign Recognition and means that the camera recognises and displays real traffic signs in real time.

There is no reference to Travel Assist in my (UK) manual.  

My understanding is that if you have High Beam Assist you can code Traffic Sign Recognition (and lane assist? - not sure on that one); and if you have lane assist you can code the other two. 

Sorry not to be more help. There are a few Irish Superb owners on here, so hopefully one of them will be able to confirm the above or tell me I'm an idiot:D.

• Thanks 1

The joys of Skoda Ireland not listing the sportline in the configurator. I was asking the sales guy I was dealing with about some of the light options as well as they seemed to be a bit all over the place price wise.

I was going to go for "Smart light assist with Lane assist and BSD" seemed to be more advanced so to speak than the other lighting and assistance packages, but was cheaper than lane assist and BSD (no light assist) by a couple of hundred... kinda sorry I didnt stick to my guns on that option but too late now its on the boat to Ireland :)  

The Skoda Ireland site really should put some details on the options and ya list the sportlines on the config site as well!

The information here in Ireland from Skoda is pretty unclear to say the least.

The things that I needed clarification on were as follows (information may be out of date now, applicable to June 17):

- The 19" Vega's are an optional extra. (although there was a promotion offering Vegas and sunroof at no extra cost)

- The infotainment system is the Bolero (i.e. not Columbus).

- You do get Kessy (without alarm), colour maxidot, front and rear parking sensors, rear camera and heated front seats.

You used to be able to configure a Sportline on the configurator, the UK configurator shows it as a trim level but the Irish one shows it as a pack you select on the Ambition spec but you had to ensure you selected the engine/colours applicable to the sportline but that looks like it may be gone now :sadsmile:

Edited by MaddicIrl

Hello all

The ability to configure a Sportline on the Irish website was removed around November last year and hasn’t appeared since.  Obviously, this creates a lot of uncertainty when it comes to options etc. 

I placed my order for a Sportline combi at the end of December and will be collecting it tomorrow (cannot wait!).   At the time, there was a promotion running which allowed you to specify the Vega alloys and Sunroof for €250 combined.   It seems like the Sportline specification is a bit of a moveable feast.  

I am not sure about the Alcantara steering wheel but will report back tomorrow.  

• Like 1

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. It looks like there may be nothing for it but to go back into the dealer to get an explaination of each. 

The steering wheel is leather and the 19 Vegas and sun roof now come at no extra cost. 

8 hours ago, Dubsey said:

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the info. It looks like there may be nothing for it but to go back into the dealer to get an explaination of each. 

The steering wheel is leather and the 19 Vegas and sun roof now come at no extra cost. 

Hi Dubsey, Ireland here also and have started looking at the Sportsline just over the last few weeks. My PCP isn't up till early 2019, so it will be a long year!

On the brochure from the Skoda Ireland site it lists the 19" Vega alloys and Kessy as part of the standard spec for the sportline, but it doesn't list the sunroof (although it does show it in the images).

http://az749841.vo.msecnd.net/sitesenie/alv1/acdb6476-f161-4c39-8439-e956bab10a4a/Revised Web prices Superb and Superb Combi_Dec19 2017.5d6b365bfdc3d792e4c767ddcd67e1d1.pdf

Sunroof is Standard. Now in saying that depending on the link you follow you can get a different spec listed on a pricelist. They really need to sort out their site.

I find it bizarre how you have to pay for an alarm and yet you can get upgraded wheels and sunroof for free, or as a £250 package (depending on where the information comes from). 

Does anyone know why the set-up for Ireland is so different? It seems very complicated to generate a completely different model for two territories that sit right next to one another, share a language and a land border and therefore can easily find out what each other can get. Is it the same on all models? Just guessing, but I suspect UK and Ireland between them must account for the vast majority of RHD sales for Skoda - other than €/£ conversion I would have thought a common arrangement would be the way to go (pre-Brexit of course). Is there the same hodge-podge between continental Europe countries? 

Even something like the engine lineups don't match. You can not get the 2.0TSI 220BHP in Ireland.... I hope to hell that the Irish spec I was working off was correct, if not it will be a very unhappy collection day in a couple of weeks.

17 hours ago, penguin17 said:

Doesn’t the Ireland spec Sportline have an Alcantara steering wheel? 

Shame thats not UK spec 

No, just the leather one :sadsmile: (when I ordered at least)

Agree on the alarm thing, should be standard.

Afaik, the Vegas and Sunroof are not standard but part of a promotion deal.

See my post above as its essentially the difference between the Irish and Uk Spec. Personally I would prefer, the parking sensors, etc over the Columbus system as you can use your phone and the Amundsen was only €300 more at the time (current options seem to make this much dearer as you need to take phone box also). I also prefer the Amundsen over the Columbus, the bigger screen is nice but less short cut buttons.

Best bet is to check and double check everything, get the spec in writing from the dealer so if they get it wrong you have come back.

2 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Does anyone know why the set-up for Ireland is so different? It seems very complicated to generate a completely different model for two territories that sit right next to one another, share a language and a land border and therefore can easily find out what each other can get. Is it the same on all models? Just guessing, but I suspect UK and Ireland between them must account for the vast majority of RHD sales for Skoda - other than €/£ conversion I would have thought a common arrangement would be the way to go (pre-Brexit of course). Is there the same hodge-podge between continental Europe countries? 

Hi Jeff, the reason for this historically is the level of VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax) the Irish Government apply to cars. So to keep the price down for the consumer, the spec in Ireland is generally less than what you get in the UK.

An example of this is the Superb Combi Sportline 1.4 DSG, in the UK it is £30,000 (€34,000), the equivalent in Ireland is £35,250 (€40,000) and depending on which link you see, we may have to pay extra on top of this for the 19" Vega Alloys and the Sunroof.

• Like 1

On 15/3/2018 at 15:58, BriskodaJeff said:

My understanding is that if you have High Beam Assist you can code Traffic Sign Recognition (and lane assist? - not sure on that one); and if you have lane assist you can code the other two. 

So does anyone know if this is true? I.e. which is the cheapest option that would allow you to gain access to the other option through some system tweaks?

18 hours ago, BriskodaJeff said:

Thanks Vrs - that makes sense. Do you get a lot of people nipping over to Belfast to buy? Or have the government covered that one?

Yeah they have it covered. The customs sometimes sit on the border and lift all northern reg cars that come across and impound them. Due to the way the exchange rate has been a lot more cars are being imported from the UK. 

3 minutes ago, Dubsey said:

So does anyone know if this is true? I.e. which is the cheapest option that would allow you to gain access to the other option through some system tweaks?

Travel Assist/TSR is the cheapest (UK) option to get the A5 fwd facing camera; with this High Beam Assist and Lane Assist Can be enabled with VCDS or OBDEleven. 

From memory TSR was around €85 to add but you need an Infotainment system with navigation, the Sportline in Ireland comes with the Bolero (no nav) so you would need to upgrade to at least an Amundsen (around €300 ish), the configurator currently also insists you take the phone box which is another €300ish but do not believe the configurator, when I ordered Amundsen there was the option of adding wifi (not phonebox) at €0 cost.

• Thanks 1

On 3/17/2018 at 13:28, MaddicIrl said:

From memory TSR was around €85 to add but you need an Infotainment system with navigation, the Sportline in Ireland comes with the Bolero (no nav) so you would need to upgrade to at least an Amundsen (around €300 ish), the configurator currently also insists you take the phone box which is another €300ish but do not believe the configurator, when I ordered Amundsen there was the option of adding wifi (not phonebox) at €0 cost.

FTLOG I was going to do that upgrade but all the other options I had to take put me off it... Skoda really nee to sort out that site.

22 hours ago, Caolan said:

And in other news, just got a call mine has arrived, arranged for pickup on Friday :biggrin:

Christmas is coming early :) I hope you keep us posted on how it's going for you, I'd be particularly interested in how the 1.4TSI is.

Just to clarify why I thought the IE spec Sportlines have an Alcantara steering wheel.  I was watching a Bob Flavin review of the Superb on YouTube.  Clearly the car has an Alcantara wheel and he even mentions it, albeit calling it 'velour':

When I ordered my SEL the configurator said I needed KESSY for some of the options I wanted. Did not add KESSY but dealer put all the options I wanted down. When I got the car it has KESSY even though I did not pay for it. So not sure what to think about the configurator!!!

Just to let any Irish buyers out there know that Spirit Skoda Dealers (well at least the one in sandyford that we are dealing with anyway) are offering complimentary €2,000 deposit on PCP deals before the end of the month on the Superb. If you have been thinking of buying one, worth checking with your local dealer for any promotional plans. I love when procrastination pays off!