Hello from South Wales

WelshYeti

Hey everyone! 

My name's Adam, I'm 28 and from Blaenavon in the South Wales mountains! 

Recently swapped my 2014 Ford Mondeo Titanium X Estate for a 2012 Yeti SE 2.0 Tdi 4x4 - fed up of how useless the Mondy was in the snow / ice that we seem to get for six months of the year up here! 

Picked it up last week, so missed most of the bad weather (typical!), but the past two days have been very snowy and icy. 

Impressed with how it has performed, I live on quite a steep hill, and the Yeti got most of the way up before I had to park up and walk, whereas the Mondy wouldn't even get up the first little incline in the same conditions. 

Unfortunately I am running Dunlop SP 01's on 17" alloys, but I just couldn't justify getting a set of winter tyres for what might only have been 2 days! (plus I was off work anyway so didn't need to go out!) 

Anyway that's enough of me rattling on, looking forward to chatting and maybe meeting some of you! 

Adam

IMG_20180317_070945-01.jpeg

IMG_20180131_155703.jpg

• Like 1

WelshYeti..........Welcome to the forum.  I'm from Northumberland but I'm heading down to your area in three weeks to visit my daughter and grand kids at Nantyglo.  Just spoke to her today and she tells me she can't get her car out for the snow.  Hope it's all gone before we go down. Your Yeti is probably a good choice for down that area.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, silverden said:

WelshYeti..........Welcome to the forum.  I'm from Northumberland but I'm heading down to your area in three weeks to visit my daughter and grand kids at Nantyglo.  Just spoke to her today and she tells me she can't get her car out for the snow.  Hope it's all gone before we go down. Your Yeti is probably a good choice for down that area.

Thanks Silverden... 

Ah yes, that's not a million miles from me - although I've been out and about today and it all seems to be clearing, fingers crossed that's it for the foreseeable! It's lovely for a day but when it goes on for weeks and weeks, well... Not so much fun. 

I'm sure in three weeks' time, our little microclimate here in Wales will be subtropical! 

Adam

13 hours ago, WelshYeti said:

I'm sure in three weeks' time, our little microclimate here in Wales will be subtropical!

Adam, thanks for the weather forecast.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  :wondering:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, silverden said:

Adam, thanks for the weather forecast.  I'll keep my fingers crossed.  :wondering:

If it stays like this, I'll be happy... 

IMG_20180320_144922.jpg