I understand that when an engine mode is selected that on restart I have to reselect that mode if it is other than normal ie D for drive. Why does my infotainment system still indicate the previously selected mode, in the top left hand corner and the mode switch by gear selector remain illuminated indicating that a mode other than normal has been selected, when the dot matrix displays D which is the actual mode the car is in. This seems to say to me that SKODA have not updated all parts of their system, in a joined up fashion, when they have decided that you cannot select and remain in the engine mode you prefer.

My previous skodas have remained in the engine mode I selected until I decided to change it, this is what I would prefer and if they are going to force this change on me they could at least make all displays agree with each other.

Hi @dst1234 and welcome to Briskoda. My understanding is that this is a design "feature" on the SIII Superb. Try having a search of the MkIII Superb Owners bit of the site - I'm sure this has been raised there. If you don't find what you  want, repost the question there and lots of helpful owners will come back to you.

I know what it does and have had this confirmed by my dealership, who said SKODA no doubt had their reasons. My concern is that you view conflicting information from the other displays, mode button and infotainment system. More to the point I see this as a backward step by SKODA as previous models allowed you to select a mode and the car stayed in that mode until you changed it.