Fabia VRS window issue, goes down automatically after reaching the top

Hello everyone! 

Few days ago I put on wind deflectors on my Fabia VRS SE and when closing the windows once they reached the top, they went down half way, I know this is normal when putting the deflectors as anti trap kicks in and lowers the window. Now it has been a few days with windows closed but when I went out to test them today the anti trap kicked in again and the windows went down, then when I was closing the window for the second time, the windows went almost all the way up but then i had to press the button again to bring them all the way up. Is there a way to reset the anti trap system so that windows go all the way up? I've also attached a video for more info.
Thanks everyone

https://youtu.be/Oa1hHiv97t0

Edit- I have tried pressing the button and holding it for around 5-10 seconds when the window is going down but cant do that when it's going up as the window instantly goes down.

Edited by Minjukas

I had this issue with mine, I've listed a few different approaches form different forums and people. Fix 1 is "official" fix and the others have apparently work for some people and not for others. 

Fix 1

1. Put the windows up and take the battery off. After a few minutes reconnect the battery, this resets the controller
  2. Hold the window down button until the window reaches the bottom and continue to hold for a couple of seconds.
  3. Hold the window up button until the window reaches the top and continue to hold for a couple of second.
  4. You need to do this for both the passenger and drivers side window. This re calibrates the regulators and should fix the issue.

Fix 2

1. Put the windows up and take the battery off. After a few minutes reconnect the battery, this resets the controller
  2. Put the key in the drivers door and turn to the unlocked position to put the windows down, hold for a few seconds
  3. Turn the key the other way to put the windows up, hold for a few seconds.

Fix 3

Do fix 1 but as the window is reaching the top place your hand on the glass and apply pressure upwards to "help it". Some people also say the opposite and to apply pressure down to "resist it". I think the logic behind this is that the window regulator sets its force limit based on that initial calibration and if you can increase the force it needs by using your hand, it won't trigger anti- trap during normal use.

Generally fix 1 will work but sometimes you might need the others or even combinations. Such as doing Fix 1 then 2 or vica-versa.

Hope you get it sorted,

Let us know how you get on!

2 hours ago, Xylynx said:

I had this issue with mine, I've listed a few different approaches form different forums and people. Fix 1 is "official" fix and the others have apparently work for some people and not for others. 

Fix 1

2. Hold the window down button until the window reaches the bottom and continue to hold for a couple of seconds.
  3. Hold the window up button until the window reaches the top and continue to hold for a couple of second.
  4. You need to do this for both the passenger and drivers side window. This re calibrates the regulators and should fix the issue.

Fix 2

2. Put the key in the drivers door and turn to the unlocked position to put the windows down, hold for a few seconds

Fix 3

Do fix 1 but as the window is reaching the top place your hand on the glass and apply pressure upwards to "help it". Some people also say the opposite and to apply pressure down to "resist it". I think the logic behind this is that the window regulator sets its force limit based on that initial calibration and if you can increase the force it needs by using your hand, it won't trigger anti- trap during normal use.

Generally fix 1 will work but sometimes you might need the others or even combinations. Such as doing Fix 1 then 2 or vica-versa.

Hope you get it sorted,

Thank you for your reply! Will give it a go later today, hopefully it fixes it :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Xylynx said:

Fix 1

Fix 2

Fix 3

Hope you get it sorted,

Thank you! It fixed the problem abd it was the 1st fix. :)