Retrofit columbus unit

My 2011 Vrs has sadly been written off so I have removed the columbus unit from it as I want to buy another Vrs but lots of them do not come with this unit fitted.

I have bought a Fakara cable for this but what else would I need to do to install this into a car that might not have satnav? will it need coding or something? and what does need coding

Thanks guys

Chris

Edited by chrisvectra

I presume by Fakara Fakra cable you mean a GPS antenna (Fakra relates to the plug on the end of the cable). You'll probably need a different fascia when you remove the other stereo (usually a Bolero which is a different shape), so can you also pinch the surround from your current car?

Then you'll need it coding to the car with VCDS to make sure everything works correctly.

4 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

I presume by Fakara Fakra cable you mean a GPS antenna (Fakra relates to the plug on the end of the cable). You'll probably need a different fascia when you remove the other stereo (usually a Bolero which is a different shape), so can you also pinch the surround from your current car?

Then you'll need it coding to the car with VCDS to make sure everything works correctly.

Does the Columbus unit have a security code? As I don’t have the security pass If Skoda’s have such a thing

20 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

Does the Columbus unit have a security code? As I don’t have the security pass If Skoda’s have such a thing

8 hours ago, Rustynuts said:

Oh yes, you'll need the 4 digit security code as well.

Do the mk2 have a security pass ? And if so I guess only available through a Skoda dealer  

The security code is a 4 digit pin which will be needed to allow the unit to work in your new car. When you connect it up it'll ask for the code, and won't work until you put this code in.

I doubt you'll get the code from Skoda as they'd want the unit in the car it originally was in to connect to the servers to get it from Skoda. If you wanna send it to me I can decode it for you, but postage will be a bit expensive. Or there's any number of sellers on Ebay who can get the code for you for less than a tenner.