Rattle from passenger side of dash

Hi Folks,

I've recently developed a rattle in my dash, it's coming from the passenger side. I've ripped out the glovebox and been driving around with it removed and I can't seem to locate the rattle.

Originally it was only at high speeds, but not it's kicking in around 40mph.

Would any of you have any ideas where it's coming from?

Thanks in advance

Kev 

Edited by kevboselecta
  • Like 1

Would you believe this? 

I got it sorted, took a mate with me in the car and was able to trace it to the passenger side wheel arch plastic, it had popped out of position and was rattling at speed.

Just have to put the glovebox back in and reset the airbag light now.

:-)

• Like 3

• 1 year later...
On 25/03/2018 at 10:17, kevboselecta said:

Would you believe this? 

I got it sorted, took a mate with me in the car and was able to trace it to the passenger side wheel arch plastic, it had popped out of position and was rattling at speed.

Just have to put the glovebox back in and reset the airbag light now.

🙂

Hello - old thread revival!

A similar symptom has occurred with my car this morning for the first time. Passenger-side rattle sounding like it was coming from inside the dash. Only appears above 50 mph and the rattle intensifies as the speed increases to 70 mph. Cleared out the glove box of objects but the rattle remains. Until I read your thread, I thought it might be a windscreen seal problem or the like.

Anyhow, when you said the passenger side wheel arch plastic had popped out, do you mean inside the cabin or externally?

In hindsight, would you have needed to take the glove box out at all? I'm just trying to figure it out exactly.

Many thanks for any help as our symptoms sound near identical.

:)

• 2 weeks later...