Return of Tail Gate Rust After Botched Respray.

Two years ago I had the rear tail gate of my vehicle resprayed under warranty.  During the period that my vehicle should have been indoors curing/drying (whatever the technical term is) the tracking device installed in my vehicle informed me that my vehicle was being driven around from the bodyshop to an address several miles away, and returned a few hours later.

Upon collecting my vehicle I informed the dealership (and provided them with screenshots of the journeys) of what had occurred.   I was informed the Warranty Manager was unable to deal with this and it would need to be dealt with by another person who was currently on leave, but would be back the following week.  It will probably come as no surprise to some of you that I did not hear from that person.*

Last month I noted bubbles of paint around the rear Skoda badge which I got assessed whilst the vehicle was in for a service.  I have now been informed by the warranty manager that the bodyshop have agreed to cover the cost of respraying the tailgate, and  I, not the dealership, have to arrange for the respray. Obviously I am not happy with this outcome, as it will not be logged as a Skoda warranty repair, so if there is any fallout, it comes back on me, and not the dealership.

Or am I being unreasonable? 

* I raised this original issue with SUK, but they refused to deal with me after I sent them several emails insisting that all correspondence on this matter was to be via a printable format, and not via telephone as they insisted.  My reasoning for this was due to an earlier issue I had where the SUK Customer Services Advisor denied he had agreed to reimburse me £100, which I subsequently had to cover.

No paper, no trail! 

Skoda UK will just have to sort out the poor repair that was carried out by the bodyshop / repairer, 

and if a new panel is required then that is what needs paid for.

The original thread should still be in the General Car Chat section.

EDIT.

http://briskoda.net/forums/topic/395841-bodyshop-staff-possibly-using-my-vehicle-for-their-own-use 

Edited by AwaoffSki

Case raised with Škoda Customer Services. 

They have stated a Case Manager will contact me within 48 hrs. 

The wait continues.......