Time from Emden

Yep, it was Skoda UK (via their chat function) that gave me my order number.

All the guy needed was my surname and supplying dealer :thumbup:

Picture1.thumb.jpg.219c402718396d45cf95a9e90580399b.jpg

Edited by silver1011

1 hour ago, Mark1982 said:

I tried that but they wanted some 8 digit order number. Ssomethingorother. The order number I have is a 5 digit one from the dealer which Skoda Customer Services didn't recognise.

First time I tried live chat, I didn’t have order number. My name and dealer we’re all that was required for them to find my order and provide update on my order. They also gave me my order number to make further updates easier.

Am I the only person that got something like this from their dealer, confirming order number and all options chosen? There have been various threads on here where people have not had their order number or options have been missed etc.

I would have thought every dealer would provide this as soon as they put the order into the system...

5acbcb60de490_ScreenShot2018-04-09at21_20_55.thumb.png.522875636e483c5d5e3eca74fe2a09df.png

26 minutes ago, WiggosSideburns said:

Am I the only person that got something like this from their dealer, confirming order number and all options chosen? There have been various threads on here where people have not had their order number or options have been missed etc.

I would have thought every dealer would provide this as soon as they put the order into the system...

5acbcb60de490_ScreenShot2018-04-09at21_20_55.thumb.png.522875636e483c5d5e3eca74fe2a09df.png

I think you do if you place a factory order.... But as mine was a stock order I have an order confirmation (showing the details of the vehicle I have purchased) with a 5 digit code which I assume is internal to the dealer.

The one thing Skoda do tend to lack is consistency.

This is what I got after placing my factory order. It contains all the information I need though...

Picture1.thumb.jpg.df70e355f18e840c88c9fdd8c45d6e4e.jpg

9 hours ago, silver1011 said:

This is what I got after placing my factory order. It contains all the information I need though...

That's just an invoice from the dealer - not an order confirmation from the ordering system. The dealer could write an option on your invoice that has been missed from the order.

Agree that consistency is lacking between dealers, but making sure the order is correct should be paramount to both you and the dealer given the pain it can cause everyone if it is incorrect.

2 minutes ago, Mark1982 said:

Got my order number from Skoda via Facebook Messenger. It's still in Emden awaiting allocation to a ship for transport to the UK.

Which port is yours heading to Mark?  If it's Grimsby, our cars maybe shipmates as I've just had a message stating that mine is in Emden and realesed for shipment....

4 minutes ago, Calla said:

Which port is yours heading to Mark?  If it's Grimsby, our cars maybe shipmates as I've just had a message stating that mine is in Emden and realesed for shipment....

Which build week was yours Calla?

I was 14 (last week) - but don't think mine has got to Emden yet. 

2 minutes ago, charlie71 said:

Which build week was yours Calla?

I was 14 (last week) - but don't think mine has got to Emden yet. 

Mine was 14 too but I think it was possibly built slightly earlier as I had a message from the dealership last Monday saying it was built.

Hopefully not much longer!

Spoke to CS this morning, apparently there’s quite a few cars waiting. Mines been there since 29 March to get to Sheerness. Not allocated yet though - hopefully it’ll move a bit quicker this side, but we’ll see.

Edited by exFiesta
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, WiggosSideburns said:

I spoke to Skoda CS at great length about such a document, I eventually got a reply from a manager, saying that they do not have access to this information and that I need to contact my dealer.

I assumed that they were BSing me and gave up.

Although I will be going over the car with a fine tooth comb before I part with any money.

6 minutes ago, MooseUK said:

I spoke to Skoda CS at great length about such a document, I eventually got a reply from a manager, saying that they do not have access to this information and that I need to contact my dealer.

I assumed that they were BSing me and gave up.

Although I will be going over the car with a fine tooth comb before I part with any money.

I have a vehicle order confirmation document too which lists all chosen options, costs, vat, deposit paid, part ex info etc etc. 

I'm surprised you didn't get one as my dealer wanted me to check it thoroughly to make sure everything was correct.  Mine does appear to be a dealer group (RRG) specific form rather than a standard Skoda one so maybe it is dealer specific?!

2 minutes ago, Calla said:

I have a vehicle order confirmation document too which lists all chosen options, costs, vat, deposit paid, part ex info etc etc. 

I'm surprised you didn't get one as my dealer wanted me to check it thoroughly to make sure everything was correct.  Mine does appear to be a dealer group (RRG) specific form rather than a standard Skoda one so maybe it is dealer specific?!

I had a order copy from the dealer, but it did not show the following:

No. Of seats

External colour

Internal colour

Engine c.c.

Virtual pedal option

They then sent me another copy of the original document, with the above hand written on it and assured me that the correct info had been given to Skoda.

We shall see!

Just been informed that mine is currently on the City of Rome and due in Grimsby at midnight. 

Looks like we are all getting closer!

• Like 1