Time from Emden

Well I know when it was transported to the UK, which ship it arrived on, and now know that a transport order was created on April 11th and it's expected to be with the dealer within the next 8 days. I also know the VIN number.

I've heard none of this from the dealer and all from Skoda CS via Facebook Messenger.

Is it just me or should the dealer be a bit more communicative? Last I heard was when I placed the order!

17 minutes ago, Mark1982 said:

I've heard none of this from the dealer and all from Skoda CS via Facebook Messenger.

Is it just me or should the dealer be a bit more communicative? Last I heard was when I placed the order!

When I placed my order, my dealer promised me weekly updates on progress. Beyond an initial email from them to confirm they’d placed my order, I’ve not heard anything from them at all. And that’s despite me emailing them to ask for an update. Like you, the only updates I’ve received have been ones that I’ve got from Skoda CS (via their website). Colour me disappointed and underwhelmed by the promises from my dealer. 

I thought I was being neglected by my dealer, but at least I have had some communication and I have used the Skoda live chat a few times.

To have had no communication from the dealer since order is absolutely terrible service. Looking at the posts on here it seems you can go from no communication at all, to being informed of every milestone in the order, production and delivery process, including videos of your car arriving at the dealer. 

It seems like Skoda UK get their act together and have the same procedures for all their dealers.

Mine was due to arrive at the dealer yesterday or today, but I don’t know if it has or hasn’t or if my handover day is still going to be Thursday or not.

:sadsmile:

The whole process of communication about where your car is after being built and when you’ll get it could be better. My dealer gives me an update each week via email, but it seems less detailed than what SKODA CS tell me. Plus my car seems to be taking ages to get from the factory to Emden it was built on the 6th, but the best update I can get is that it’s still on its way to Emden. Must be taking a very scenic route 8-)

My Bear has arrived at Emden and is now awaiting a ship. Macassar Highway is due in tonight, so delivery by end of month could be possible.

1 hour ago, Jfhuk said:

My Bear has arrived at Emden and is now awaiting a ship. Macassar Highway is due in tonight, so delivery by end of month could be possible.

Be careful with this. If you took delivery on, say, 28th April, you'd be paying VED for the whole of April but only using 2 days of it. Might be better off delaying until beginning of May.

On 4/12/2018 at 08:37, exFiesta said:

that’ll make 2 days factory to Emden, 13 days at Emden, 1 on a ship.

Turned out to have 2 days on the ship, arriving UK on 13 April (after being anchored offshore for a while) and into compound on 14 April. Now awaiting transport. 

I get to pick a number plate in a couple of days though, when I’m at the opening event for the new Marshall’s showroom in Reading. :)

Edited by exFiesta

Phone call earlier. The bear is in Winchester awaiting PDI, dashcam fitting and valet. Due to my availability, dealers availability and suchlike it's unlikely I will get it until Thursday 26th but nonetheless exciting times!

• Like 3

still waiting here - Arrived in the UK on Friday - Still waiting for transportation apparently. 

Feeling impatient - and excited - and also trying hard to keep the buyer of our departing car sweet... Cmon Skoda  - The car is only 50 miles from the dealer..!

1 hour ago, Mark1982 said:

Phone call earlier. The bear is in Winchester awaiting PDI, dashcam fitting and valet. Due to my availability, dealers availability and suchlike it's unlikely I will get it until Thursday 26th but nonetheless exciting times!

Who's fitting the dash cam for you, the dealer?

Just now, silver1011 said:

Who's fitting the dash cam for you, the dealer?

Yep. I'm not paying for it though but just thought it would avoid any warranty issues if I let them do it.

Dealer agreed to throw it in to secure the deal.

I'm sure that I'm paying for it elsewhere though!

• Like 1

That's good to know, thanks. I didn't even think to ask my dealer if this was a service they could provide, or at least facilitate.

I'll ask mine to see if they can offer the same. I'd rather not be removing the A pillar trims on my brand new car if I can avoid it!

26 minutes ago, silver1011 said:

I'd rather not be removing the A pillar trims on my brand new car if I can avoid it!

The hardwiring kits come with a little tool to push the wire down the side of the trim... you don't actually remove anything at all.

If the dealer is willing to do it, then all well and good - but there really shouldn't be any issues in that respect. Patching something into the fusebox, however, is the fun part (although pretty simple, more scope to break something!).

I fitted my current dash cam in my Superb, whilst the cable can be pushed under the headlining along the top of the windscreen you need to be careful pushing it behind the A-pillar trim.

On my Superb an airbag is under there so I wanted to ensure the cable was well out of the way and secured properly.

Further update: I now can't take delivery next week because Skoda have put a stop on all new and used vehicles with wireless phone charging being sold. Dealer didn't know much else or what fix was planned... If any.... But very disappointed right now.

Luckily mine was built after they decided not to install the phone box wireless charger any more. It’s still sitting in Emden awaiting a ship.

1 hour ago, Mark1982 said:

Further update: I now can't take delivery next week because Skoda have put a stop on all new and used vehicles with wireless phone charging being sold. Dealer didn't know much else or what fix was planned... If any.... But very disappointed right now.

Mark... Not sure I'm reading this correctly... But are you saying they won't sell a factory ordered edition (which

comes with wireless charging) even though it's made its way over and awaiting collection?

25 minutes ago, mantrahalos said:

Mark... Not sure I'm reading this correctly... But are you saying they won't sell a factory ordered edition (which

comes with wireless charging) even though it's made its way over and awaiting collection?

You read and understand correctly. An Edition has factory fitted wireless charging but there is some problem with these and Skoda have put a complete stop on all registrations and deliveries of new used cars with the functionality.

OK - I've just got off live chat with Skoda.  Cars that have been built and awaiting delivery to their new owners are having the wireless charging disabled before handover.  This could affect the delivery time.
I asked how people would be compensated for the loss of this feature.
No response worth mentioning - other than speak to the dealer - and they will handle it.  -I asked what guidance the dealers had been given on dealing with this - and they could not (would not?) tell me.

Anyone know what the cost of wireless charging as an extra was on a lower spec car? 

Thanks.

M.

Yep - Pretty sure you could if you wanted to.  It's not important enough to me to reject the car ... I would like to know what their solution (other than disabling the feature) to buyers will be. 

1 hour ago, Jfhuk said:

Luckily mine was built after they decided not to install the phone box wireless charger any more. It’s still sitting in Emden awaiting a ship.

Sounds like you won't be getting the wireless charging even if the car was built with it.

A free service should cover it!