MK II stutter then limp mode, advice please.

Hi, 

my 12 plate 1.6tdi 4x4 broke down a couple of weeks ago, it was running fine on the motorway then it started to misfire, once, then twice, then quite a large misfire and the heater plug started flashing. Car then went into limp mode so I had to crawl across the motorway to the hard shoulder. As I had my 4 year old in the back I wasn’t keen on staying there long so I quickly read the fault code 09775 then reset it and off we drove fine. Car misfired a couple more times randomly on the way back from Manchester and then the next day seemed to run fine and did so for two weeks. It’s had the emissions fix by VW about 10k ago so I thought ERG valve. 

The day before the car went into the dealer a front spring snapped so it’s had that done as well. However, after having the car for 8 days they’ve diagnosed it as a ECM/ECU fault and wat £208 to properly diagnose it. What’s everyone’s thoughts on this? Anyone had similar issues? They’ve given me a very nice brand new, never driven before Laurin and Klement estate to run about it and so far I’ve put 600 miles on it but I just want my car back.

cheers.

If you had The Fix less than 24 Months Ago VW Group are paying for the Diagnosis, they are the ones that gave the Trust Building Measure 24 month Warranty / Guarantee.

Have you talked with Skoda UK / VW about this,  why does the Dealership want £208 of your cash money?

VW Paying for the hardware parts as well.

Because they’ve done a basic diagnosis and came up with the ecu at fault which isn’t anything to do with the fix, Skoda won’t pay for it. Instead I have to. It’s sounds rather odd to me. I may try ringing up Skoda on Monday, in the mean time I’ve told them to go ahead with the diagnosis and see where we stand with what’s wrong with it. Having been without the car for 9 days now I just want it back.

The ECU has very much to do with it.

The Dealership Technician removed from the ECU with Licensed VW Equipment the Engine Management which had an Illegal Defeat Device, then uploaded New Engine Management.

Without doing so VW Group could not tick off another vehicle with the Defeat Device Software removed, even if their was none on the car.

So you have a 24 Month Guarantee / Trust Building Warranty, and the ECU is very much part of that. 

So maybe get your Official Claim into the VW Group, and their reply.