Passenger window issue

Hi all,

Just brought a mk1 fabia trying to get through a few faults one of which is the passenger window.

It doesn't move at all, from either switch if you press/push down, nothing happens, if you pull up you hear a 'click', 'click' like a relay or something but no movement.

Any ideas on what to test/check?

• Metalligator changed the title to Passenger window issue

I stand to be corrected but you will probably need to access the window motor inside by removing the door card 

could be : 

motor 

no power to motor

broken wire between door and body ( common issue cables fray behind grommets )

may even be faulty drivers widow motor which, I believe also contains a ' convience modual ' 

should be be plenty of threads on here it's a common fault 

( also the motors etc were the same on early mk11 Fabias not sure when they changed though tbh )

Not 100% sure without stripping the door but sounds like it's the cable that has broken lose at some point on the mechanism behind the riveted panel that's fitted. I had the same problem with my fabia passenger window and turned out the clips had broken that the wire goes through. If it is that is causing the problem then the easiest thing is to buy the whole panel(via eBay) with the regulator,  uprated clips etc already fitted to it and just swap out the panel. Hope this helps & good luck! 

+1 for what overdrive says, I had to do this job recently it's a ball ache of a job, perfectly doable for the DIY mechanic, just a pain in the backside lol, you also need to buy the right rivets and rivet gun , maybe some door card clips and take your time getting it right, good luck.

On mine once the regulator and cable went the glass dropped and jammed, so if you can move the glass up and down with just your hands maybe that's a sign? Thankfully it didn't drop to the bottom and smash on mine. Also be careful when drilling out the old rivets, the glass is immediately behind, I put a couple of light scratches in my glass, it's such a bad design. But I'm still glad I did it myself and I'm happy with the end result and no doubt saving 100's on dealer prices.

Edited by SkodaFabiaOwner