Fabia Level 2 16v DSG

Hope to be taking a look at a 2009 on wednesday for a friend. It's an approved dealer and they sound pretty honest. Is there anything in particular that I should be looking out for with this. Can I assume it's a wet clutch box and any common areas to check ?

Ni9e

Welcome.

I do not think that is a DSG with that engine, but a Tiptronic.

There was a recent similar post in the Fabia mk2 Section.

I seem to remember there was no Service Schedule for oil changes with this Automatic box. 

I will see if i can find the thread and link it for you.

Maybe check with a Skoda Main Dealership about the Servicing / Oil changes for the gearbox.

Edited by Offski
  • Like 1

Thank you for that. Yes, it is tiptronic, that's me getting caught up with the DSG in my superb. Is the box reliable (need to do some checking up on that)  So used to torque converter boxes and there simple reliability

Ni9e

• Like 1

That is brilliant, Thank you so much. Good review too. Finding a decent auto up here is a bit of a task and pure coincidence that I found this Skoda. It does have a 111,000 on it but good history. As it is for a disabled lady I certainly don't want to get it wrong for her, just trying to find something half decent she can get a few years out of. She does less than 5000 a year and all local ten mile round trips. I am intending to go and view it wednesday so she can take a look and see how getting in and out is.

Nige

Edited by Ennine
  • Like 1