VAG DPF Application

Afternoon All,

As it was sunny and warm I decided to plug my ELM Adaptor in and try to check that everything was ok. Now not being up on all the readings etc... from the VAG DPF Application I thought I would post a screen shot up here and see what the large and wise audience of this forum thought? I think it all looks good :) (call it paranoia) as I mostly (now) do shorter journeys albeit spirited :) with the odd longer trips at weekend or for work! Is the percentage bar how long until the next regen takes place? 

https://photos.app.goo.gl/9FrKwARgLYbBZu8u1

Thanks and have a lovely weekend! 

Edited by daveface

@daveface check this link

I've done some shots with explanations.

Let me know if you need something else.

Though your screenshot looks strange - soot level is low enough but beside this a regen is scheduled.

And your soot levels are high, looks like your driving pattern is mainly city and short runs?

• Thanks 1

That's great thank you, that was taken after a 25-ish mile motorway trip and when I pulled up the fans were running so probably mid re-gen. 

Just took some readings after a quick blast home from my parents...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/S6mafZyVtCMNIinF2

At the moment my client for work is on 35 mile round trip down B roads, and then weekend trips away. So not that much intercity but at the moment shorter trips yes. Previously I was doing Gloucester to Farnborough and back a couple of days a week hence the diesel. 

Not much I can do apart from keep an eye I guess. 

Cheers!! 

Edited by daveface

@daveface yeap looks like you've interrupted but nearly at the end. I guess it will not restart after.

35miles are more than enough. My observation shows that when temperature is reached you need ~10miles for full regen.

Honestly said it's good to keep an eye on it but don't be too obsessed (like I was) - it's pretty good system, many people even do not bother thinking of it.

However I also monitor it for my peace of mind.

My stats show 80% B roads/highway and 20% city. For approx. 16k miles the oil ash level is 7%. Almost never interrupted it when caught. 

But I stopped caring too much it kills my joy of the car. Of course if I catch it I drive few more mins to finish, if not - it's anyway good enough ;)

Cheers!

p.s. now I saw your mileage is 28k miles and soot level of 15% is as expected.

Edited by TTodorov

I got the adapter and app and have been monitoring out of curiosity.  What surprised me is that a blast down the A1 at motorway speed  didn't really do anything.  I was expecting a regen to occur naturally due to speed, but it didn't, only when it reached about 88%

Is there a specific requirement for a natural regen?

Well .. you can see a picture in the other thread that shows bellow 24 grams of soot and proper conditions you might have so called passive regens. However my experience looking at the app is that soot level only increases and active regens starts only at 100% ~ 24grams.

Passive regens might help burning the soot but for me this is reflected only on slower soot mass build and not burning the existing.

Edited by TTodorov