TSI VRS air intake options

As the title suggests, looking for all air intake options for the TSI VRS.. preferably not too expensive.  The common ones seem to be APR or RacingLine but you're talking £300-700 just for an intake.......

Are there any alternatives out there that people can recommend? :)

• 3 months later...
On 26/04/2018 at 07:02, knudsen said:

Yes !

I have it on my own car :)

Hi mate, I’m having car 10 plate petrol vrs TSI, mapped to stage 2, guys from garage said original one on car it’s  good one and I won’t get much more from changing it and better save some money and not doing it. They will do a new engine remap and full exhaust upgrade- miltek. Should go from 245 to 280-290 horses which is not bad I say.

What changes did you get from it?

thanks pal

7 minutes ago, vrsdx57 said:

Hi mate, I’m having car 10 plate petrol vrs TSI, mapped to stage 2, guys from garage said original one on car it’s  good one and I won’t get much more from changing it and better save some money and not doing it. They will do a new engine remap and full exhaust upgrade- miltek. Should go from 245 to 280-290 horses which is not bad I say.

What changes did you get from it?

thanks pal

My car is also re-map and it provides 320 hp. and 500nm

1 hour ago, knudsen said:

My car is also re-map and it provides 320 hp. and 500nm

Where ? pinocchio dyno

An air intake & a map make 320/500

Seriously, some dynos are set for bragging rites

Edited by themanwithnoaim

23 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Where ? pinocchio dyno

Maybe he is stage 2 with a downpipe. He didn't say that were the only mods. If not then I agree it sounds high.

1 hour ago, themanwithnoaim said:

Where ? pinocchio dyno

It is tuned by a tuning Danish company
but many tuner make stage 1 with 310-320 hp on ron 98 or 104

https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen3_mqb.html 

https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/skoda/octavia-mk3-2013-/258/stage-1

Edited by knudsen

52 minutes ago, knudsen said:

It is tuned by a tuning Danish company
but many tuner make stage 1 with 310-320 hp on ron 98 or 104

https://www.goapr.com/products/ecu_upgrade_20tsi_gen3_mqb.html 

https://www.onlyrevo.com/product-details/software/skoda/octavia-mk3-2013-/258/stage-1

With respect, last October I saw a Revo stage 1 mapped vRS230pfl roll 302bhp running 98 Shell V power on the JKD Portsmouth (heartbreak) rollers. You won't get a more accurate set of rollers or better fuel & still the Revo software couldn't make it's claimed output. Mine didn't either, it's all down to the rollers & the dyno owners know big numbers brings customers back hence, why they set them up high.

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I was interested about the difference in power and sound the intake makes; there are lots of videos on YouTube which say there's no difference in power , don’t know about sound though..

Anyone knows for sure their engine power incresed only because of an aftermarket intake? Is it worth spending a few hundreds on top of over a grand for stage 2 with full Miltek upgrade

Edited by vrsdx57

52 minutes ago, themanwithnoaim said:

With respect, last October I saw a Revo stage 1 mapped vRS230pfl roll 302bhp running 98 Shell V power on the JKD Portsmouth (heartbreak) rollers. You won't get a more accurate set of rollers or better fuel & still the Revo software couldn't make it's claimed output. Mine didn't either, it's all down to the rollers & the dyno owners know big numbers brings customers back hence, why they set them up high.

That's why a good tuner always rolls the car before tuning so you can compare the result
My car was measured as standard at 226 hp on octane 95 (without filter)
and after tuning to 312 hp on 95 octane (without filter)
and one month later  to 320 hp on 100 octane and with ramair filter

Unfortunately, I have only the print from the first roll on 95 without filter

SkodaOctaviaRSChart.png

Edited by knudsen

28 minutes ago, knudsen said:
That's why a good tuner always rolls the car before tuning so you can compare the result
My car was measured as standard at 226 hp on octane 95 (without filter)
and after tuning to 312 hp on 95 octane (without filter)
and one month later  to 320 hp on 100 octane and with ramair filter

Unfortunately, I have only the print from the first roll on 95 without filter

SkodaOctaviaRSChart.png

Cool mate, mine was 212 standard and 245 after stage 1.Dont forget its 10 plate so the 197 one.  They said 280-290 will full Miltek no intake . So probably will be close to 300 with intake. 

Do you reckon it’s worth spending on intake? You happy with it?

Edited by vrsdx57