Fars Car (Octavia ii 2.0FSi in Denmark)

TobySan

Huwwo

So - picked up my new bad boy steed yesterday and am mega stoked and keen to get the party started...gonna keep it simple but dad-mobile // Fars-Car (Far is father in Danish) needs to be a lil bit rude methinks haha - I will try to dig out a pic of my old golf to give you an idea of my taste.

Project start - Thursday 26th April 2018 when I pick up a - *2006 2.0FSi Skôda Octavia ii Combi* in gunmetal grey // koke //  (need to find real colour - I think Graphit Metallic) sat on standard steel/alu wheels with battered 'castle' hubcaps on...looking pretty good but a lil bit scruffed and used around the edges...stereo sounds suprisingly good but defo needs some update - no USB socket? How do you people live hahahaha

Initial plan is to;

- Give it a bloody good clean (note to self start collecting Auto-Glym products & find a good shammy)

- Take it to my new local garage dude who previously ran a Skoda shop here (I have 0 mechanical brain ((yet)) for an initial assesment

- start working on my SuperSkoda wishlist - 1st order is looking something like a Monte Carlo badges / or a badgeless grill on the front, a short radio aerial, replacement right side mirror indicator light

- Resarch some cool builds here and online

- start looking for an OK stereo head unit that fits snugly in the stock gap and has a usb socket

Long term plan (not neccasarily in this order)

- Over time replace worn switches //gear stick // door cards // stuff that has been grabbed pulled and touched for 12 years etc myself

- thinking about a badgeless grille and sexy headlight upgrade

- rims (my old golf had 17" BBS RC Brilliants on Toyo rubber *drool*

- keep it clean inside and out and up to date under the hood.

More soon, inc 1st pics,

Until then,

Peace and Love from Denmark!

(wheres the spell check?)

OK

1st problem = Yikes, That little doo-dah in the second pic should be like the third pic...oops.

tumblr_p7usloWsHv1xryeb0o3_540.jpg

tumblr_p7usloWsHv1xryeb0o2_540.jpg

tumblr_p7usloWsHv1xryeb0o1_540.jpg

Need some advise on this - I took a quick look (will look some more) these units are sealed right? eek 

Magnet on a stick haha?

I dunno.

Best not be a "but a new lamp" answer *bites finger nails*

• 1 month later...

Headlights aside for the meantime (looks like I wait for replacement)

I just recieved a lovely GLS package from superskoda *rubs hands together with christmas morning glee*

- replacement passener side mirror indicator to fix the cracked one

- 2 x smart holder hooks for hanging my laptop behind my seat between meetings

- black new style ‘monte carlo’ rear badge

- new badgeless front grille!

ooooh baby