EPC light

• Administrators

Hi Dean,

Ideally you'll need to get it scanned by a garage so you can see what codes it's thrown, then go from there.

16 hours ago, Dean54vrs said:

Hi guys/ girls

I'm sorry if this has been a topic before but started the car up after work today and the epc light came on any ideas that this light means 

Cheers Dean 

It means that you have a detected fault with the engine. We're not going to get much (if any) further with just that info.

You could try disconnecting the battery overnight, which will clear any "EMS brain burp" faults.

I have an OBDII bluetooth/wifi dongle that reads the codes and sends it to the Torque app on my phone.

Works just fine and does all the stuff it's supposed to.

However.... It does just read the generic codes, which aren't always useful or accurate. Far better, if you can find anyone with it, to get your OBD read by a computer with the proper Ross-Tech software and cable. If you're anywhere near Reading, I have someone who can help.

I went back to the garage today and they put it on the laptop and came up with ecm relay so he reset the code and hasn't come on since but luckily for me they replaced that about two months ok so if it comes up again they will change the relay.