New owner vrs tdi ( engine tone )

Hello .. new to the Skoda scene but a long time vag owner . Brought a 2008 vrs cr 170 . The car has got fanrastic fully documented service history for all of the 110k it has on the clock . My only concern is the one of the engine in low revs ( below 2000) sounds more like a whine than a Diesel engine . As soon as the revs build it’s obviously a turbo diesel but much more refined than my old pd130 golf . 

Any help would be appreciated . Car drives fine and the noise is in 1st and 2nd gear easy to hear as going slow usually . 

You can't compare an agricultural PD130 to the CR170

The old PD's were very torquey and noisy. I have the similarly noisy PD105 in the Octy 2005  and that's noisy still. The CR is something else, I am struggling to get used to how the engine tone changes when idling/cold/warm and revving high. They are very different engines. I do wish the CR170 had the surge of power the old PD's had a low revs. Been really hard trying to change my driving style, even with an DSG. 

A lot of people commented thr CR is very refined and quiet for a diesel and I concur power delivery is pretty consistent through the rev range, very much like a petrol, if you know what I mean. Found that the first time I drive a Leon 1.6CR, which was odd coming from PD engines. 

Thanks for the reply .. yeah it’s certainly a more refined lump . I’m just wondering if my low revs whine sound is normal for this engine . Its not a gearbox whine or anything like that . Just the engine noise doesn’t sound diesel at all under 2000rpm . Maybe it’s just me :-)