Black Grill Surround

TomBarnes

Has anyone had their chrome grill surround painted or wrapped in gloss black or black magic?

Really keen on getting this done but would like to see some pictures.

im also looking at the black / monte carlo bages on superskoda. Has anyone else done this and would care to share some photos?

Hello from New Zealand. Had 18 inch factory wheels painted black, Side mirrors and spoiler matt black wrapped. Different basic specs in NZ. only automatic option ( that applies to nearly all new car makes now) Basic spec is LED, lane assist etc etc. Mine is petrol 1,5 ( no 1L option here )20180510_155507.thumb.jpg.6d6482b05e51a1d4e52e4fa8463d4c2f.jpg

20180510_155525.jpg

2 hours ago, nickfrog said:

That's a great idea particularly on a dechromed car! Like my cheapo SE Tech. Does anyone know how easy it is to remove the chrome surround without breaking most of the clips ?

Is this the chrome/alu strip round the windows? It clips over the rubber? If so and they could be removed intact I might be interested in buying them?

Live our SE but it's in need of a lift from the side, IMHO.

1 hour ago, nickfrog said:

No we are talking about the grille surround here - I don't mind the chrome window surrounds but I prefer black on white particularly if dechroming the grille surround too

Ah, of course, sorry, my bad

On ‎17‎/‎05‎/‎2018 at 06:07, Jimhem81 said:

Hi, no not yet but certainly been thinking the same thing for my moon white karoq.  I'm sure it will look good and would love to see some pics also 

I like a bit of chrome bling (grill, window trim and roof rails) on the wife's Moon white metallic SEL, givesit an upmarket look rather than an inferior aftermarket look IMHO!:blink:

• 7 months later...
On 16/05/2018 at 21:37, TomBarnes said:

Has anyone had their chrome grill surround painted or wrapped in gloss black or black magic?

Really keen on getting this done but would like to see some pictures.

im also looking at the black / monte carlo bages on superskoda. Has anyone else done this and would care to share some photos?

Let me know if and when you gets yours all done.. Be interested to see.. Having wheels powder coated in a couple of weeks and interested in blacking out the grill..