[SOLD] Tow-Trust TS626VK detachable, lockable tow bar: 1Z mk2 Octavia, Superb, 5-door A3

Mankee

I bought this tow bar second hand (only 9 months old and barely used) but in excellent condition to fit to my 2010 Octavia vRS hatch. However, I've decided that the car is far too nice for me to be chucking all my trackday clobber into and towing the track car around, so I have decided to sell the tow bar.

It is a vertical entry design and the electrics swing up out of the way, so nothing is visible when not in use. One key is included, as well as all fixings, the foam protection ring, instructions and I've even washed the blue hitch bag! The bypass relay and single electrics are also included, so they just need wiring into your car obviously. No bumper cut required for facelift 2009 onwards Octavias, as there is already a helpful cutout from the factory. The tow bar will also fit 2008 onwards Superb estates and saloons, and 2004 onwards 5-door A3 Sportbacks, as well as both hatch and estate mk2 Octavias.

More details on the bar plus instructions on the Tow-Trust website:

http://www.tow-trust.co.uk/towbars/skoda/octavia/TS626VK-octavia-hatch-iz-inc-vrs/2004+-+2013

Location is Suffolk and asking price is £150 [SOLD]

Edited by Mankee

Does this come with the crossbeam to attach the towbar to?

Does this require bumper cutout on the Octavia VRS (60 plate) (I noticed you said no bumper cutout but not sure if this applied to VRS)?

Do you mean part A in the fitting instructions? If so, then yes, that's included. Actually, everything in the fitting instructions is included! My vRS is a 10-plate so will be the same as yours. If you look underneath, you will see that there is already a cutout from the factory, so there's no need for us to go hacking.

I've attached an old crap photo from when I bought the bar. I can get better photos on Wednesday.

s-l400.jpg

Yeah, I clocked your location. But no problem! All the bits are surprisingly compact so I should be able to post it. I have plenty of cardboard courtesy of IKEA.

Alternatively, I'm tracking at Oulton Park on Tuesday 17th July if you can wait until then and it isn't too far from Preston? My geography of your neck of woods is naff!

10 minutes ago, Mankee said:

Yeah, I clocked your location. But no problem! All the bits are surprisingly compact so I should be able to post it. I have plenty of cardboard courtesy of IKEA.

Alternatively, I'm tracking at Oulton Park on Tuesday 17th July if you can wait until then and it isn't too far from Preston? My geography of your neck of woods is naff!

Great cheers, I'll have a think about it and get back to you