Power steering

Hi guys the yellow steering wheel is on in car checked oil OK and fuses when I turn key in ignition the light goes out but when it starts comes back on I have noticed a hesitation on the rev counter when starting not sure if it's related to problem when light on some times the steering is OK and some times it not only at low speed ie parking it goes hard then soft that's the steering lol any help would be appreciated thanks I have just looked at instrument panel and I don't have an illuminated battery light don't know if it's been like that when I got car I've never looked untill now

Edited by Lost28

If the battery light doesn't come on when you switch the ignition on it points to broken alternator load signal wires. A very common problem.

• Like 1

Underneath the car near the gearbox. Looks something like this...

59baaf0e04213_20150823_154122-_Copy.thumwi

index.jpg

Edited by TMB

No probs. It can affect the power steering or you may have a separate problem but either way, the load signal wires need sorting.

It started as intermittent fault had a little bump front end just looked and the wires are both out of the plug maybe it was corroded and with the bump it broke fingers crossed off to scrap yard to get a new one lol

You could just join some new wires on without needing to buy anything. Just do away with the plugs.

Up to you. I think it might fix your problem. Engines start quite easily in these temperatures, so just cos it starts doesn't prove that the battery has a good charge in it. It's been what, one day since you fixed the charging system?

Could be, but the best battery in the world can get low on charge if the alternator isn't working reliably, which may happen when those wires break. Give it a chance to recover.