Dashboard air vent assembly refit

Depends on whether it is the centre vent or the ones at either end of the dashboard

W.r.t. the centre one, if the problem is just the displaced louvres then you can bend them gently in the middle with a pair of long-nosed pliars and relocate them the correct positions. Chances are, however, that one of the 2 pins on one end of each louvre has sheared off, in which case you can use the pliars to removed the damaged louvres and replace them with ones from another central vent (maybe from a breakers yard/scrapyard that has a similar vehicle). However, be very gentle when you bend the louvres as you can break the pins very easily.

Other than that, I think completely replacing the central vent could be a dashboard out job (but I could be wrong on that).

W.r.t. the vents at the end of the dash, the louvres are too short to use the "bending trick" and so you do need to remove and replace the whole vent assembly - this thread  is how i did that in Jan this year

Edited by jeallen01