Rear boot not opening on Fabia Estate 2006

Hi hope I have picked the right forum topic. I have recently become the owner of a Fabia 1.2 Estate 2006.

the car runs really well with 20000 original miles on clock, the main problem is that all doors open on central locking,

the rear boot will not open. Any help would be appreciated apologies if this has been asked before new to site. Thanks Len

Try this - unlock the car, open and close one of the rear doors and then try and open the boot.

This will rule out a microswitch problem on the drivers door if the boot still doesn't open.

Hi Lee,

Thanks for your response to my query, tried what you suggested still boot stays closed, when I try to open with handle I can hear 

the electronic sound but still no joy. I can view the lock mechanism from rear seat when I retract shelving cover actually closed & open the doors whilst inside

car to see if there was any movement on lock system but nothing moved. all other doors are fine someone mention on another forum that there is a boot manual lever

by drivers seat my model does not seem to have one. Regards Len

If you can crawl into the boot area there is on orange lever on the lock that allows you to open the boot lid. You can then inspect the lock mechanism.

This is a pic of the hatchback one but the estate is similar...

lock_boot.png

Hi Lee,

Managed to open boot manually with the info you gave me,lever in pic would not move 

so used a small lever connected to boot floor side to free door. The lever in pic is same as my estate

I had to move the lock mechanism to closed position in order to use that lever once door was opened as previously mentioned.

Guess I will need to see now what is causing the problem there is nothing happening with lock mechanism when I use fob to open & close

really big help in being able to at least open boot manually, better chance to look at the problem Thanks again Lee really helpful. Len 

Hi Lee,

Really appreciate your help on this checked fuse no 31 as you suggested all ok.

May need new lock mechanism should be able to source from local car spare parts dealer.

Cheers Len 

I had a similar problem not electrical as the solenoid could be heard working. I took the bottom part of the boot lock mechanism out and had to bend the part that pulls on the latch so it doesn't have to move so far to operate the latch. No problems since, cheap fix, easy to do. This assumes you don't have the cable operated latch from a handle to the side of the drivers seat.

• Like 1

Hi Thanks,

like you I can hear the solenoid, able to unlock boot manually by going through back seat and pulling small catch.

will look at bottom part of lock mechanism. Thanks for your help Len

With the boot open lock lock the car in the fob and flick the latch on the boot to the locked position. Press the unlock button on the fog and watch the mechanism on the boot floor and see if it is actuating properly.

Also I'm breaking a fabia estate if you need a new boot lock etc.

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I have tried the above with no joy. I have the 2006 Fabia Classic estate

if the boot lock you have will fit be happy to purchase from you. probably best if I had the door lock mechanism

as well as the boot floor to.

Best Regards Len

5 hours ago, Len1 said:

Hi, Thanks for your reply, I have tried the above with no joy. I have the 2006 Fabia Classic estate

if the boot lock you have will fit be happy to purchase from you. probably best if I had the door lock mechanism

as well as the boot floor to.

Best Regards Len

Hi Len it should fit, I will photograph it later to make sure you are happy with it.