How to replace driver side air vent?

Some of the fins in my driver side air vent broke recently and I managed to find a replacement full air vent unit from a breaker on eBay. Having looked into it it does seem a job you can do yourself but this will be my first repair  as such (I've only been driving a few years), so I was hoping I might be able to get some advice from you guys. 

Specifically if anyone knows how to remove this air vent without doing any damage, what tools I'll need and if there's anything I need to be wary of along the way?

Here's a picture of the air vent that needs changing. 

1528190927361130267960.jpg

I suppose there's no point replacing whole unit if I don't have to. Has anyone successfully replaced just the find before? 

On mine it's the bottom two that no longer work. 

Thanks for the link. I didn't know that existed. But I don't want to pay for any service like that. I don't know if they have the information I need, and even if they do I might not be able to understand it as a complete novice. 

I was just hoping that someone on here has fixed a similar problem and could explain the process of changing the air vent out in layman's terms. But it seems like not everyone is as heavy-handed as me when it comes to using their vents so I will either leave it or ask Skoda to fit it the next time I'm in for a service. 

• 1 year later...

Hey!

You've probably fixed it by now, but should anyone else be looking for a way to remove those vents, the attached scan is pretty explicit.

I'll try to remove the vent too

Screenshot_20190828-165103.jpg

• Thanks 4