Front Assist Emergency

I had the Front Assist Emergency warning go off again last night.

A metal footbridge above the road was the only thing around.

The warning has happened for the same bridge before.

Only at night and with nothing else on the road. 

If the system goes in to full stop mode and applies the brakes, do the brake lights work?

I can't believe they wouldn't but don't want to find out the hard way.

Thanks AG Falco

Yes, the brake lights pulse to warn others behind you. I too once ha d bridge run out in front of me, I decided to drive across it to avoid an accident!  On a more serious note, have you had a chat to your dealer about this issue. It shouldn't be picking up stuff like that causing it to alert you.

Whilst not a Fabia, I had the first experience of Front Assist a couple of weeks ago.......

I was in lane 1 turning left at a roundabout, the car in lane 2 came with me but just nudge ahead then wandered into my lane, I had seen what he was up to and eased off but as far as Front Assist was concerned I was still going to t-bone him so the next thing I knew I was nearly headbutting the steering wheel where the brakes slammed on!

Took me a little while to realise what was going on and then to work out exactly why it happened but it's nice to know the car's got my back :)

• Like 1

Am I the only one to wish something like this would happen to me just to confirm the thing is working.:wondering:

When I bring it up on maxidot it's ticked as activated, however I haven't had any warnings as yet.

Harry

33 minutes ago, horkin said:

Am I the only one to wish something like this would happen to me just to confirm the thing is working.:wondering:

When I bring it up on maxidot it's ticked as activated, however I haven't had any warnings as yet.

Harry

Wait until you're approaching stationary traffic, while you're still a safe-ish distance away, accelerate a bit or just leave your braking late, it should at least light up the maxidot :)

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Estate Man said:

On a more serious note, have you had a chat to your dealer about this issue. It shouldn't be picking up stuff like that causing it to alert you.

It has happened at the same bridge at night before.

I think it is because the road dips down just before the bridge.

So if you are looking forward from the lower front bumper it looks like the bridge is at car height.

The Front Assist Emergency sensor is down in the lower front bumper.

Maybe at night when there is less traffic I am going faster.

So the sensor is looking further forward, hence why it is quiet at lower speeds.

Thanks AG Falco

15 hours ago, horkin said:

Harry

Take your car to North Dorset and test it out on AGFalco's bridge. Simply clever:D

52 minutes ago, RickW said:

Take your car to North Dorset and test it out on AGFalco's bridge. Simply clever:D

275 miles and 5 hours (AAroute planner)  Maybe I'll just believe the 'tick' next to 'activated'.:sweat:.

Harry

i was overtaking when mine came up on maxidot and started bleeping like hell , was miles away from what i was overtaking in a 30 zone , i do believe it happened slightly the first day i got it going into a car park, nothing in front of me and was 100 yards from where i was going slowing down so who knows